Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Recycle LapTop Batteries

Started by TommeyLReed, October 11, 2014, 12:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Did you actually watch the whole video?

Now imagine that happening inside a hermetically sealed moisture proof battery box on a bike, with a hundred or so similar cells also packed in there.

ramset

A mere Flesh wound ....

Yes I did watch the Whole Vid [in speedy mode], it will be interesting to see what Tom comes up with.

thx
Chet
Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

MarkE

Panasonic now claims that they offer cells that are impervious to short circuit induced fires.

Mixing cells that are not matched can be done but really needs broad capability per cell charge management.  That can get expensive which is why what you see in the market are narrow capability management schemes.  They discard a string of cells when any one cell varies too much from the others.

joel321

I'm a tool fanatic, and most of the cell packs that go bad is due to the electronic balancer itself and not the battery cells themselves....well it goes both ways....either the circuit balancer goes bad (whole pack is labeled as bad even with all cells in good working order), or one cell goes bad ( whole pack is labeled as bad even with one cell in not good working order).

Those little sissy guys scared about CONTROLLED fires, lol, don't worry about them. A heat sink would be beneficial for the battery if it gets hot  since heat is the devil of all. lol

Go dig around rich peoples trash cans (legally) and you will see them throw away stuff that only was due to a fuse. Or females saying that it went out of style....A $2000 dollar refrigerator go bad because of a one dollar bi-metal fuse in the compressor that got welded shut. ETC...ETC..

To get back on topic, give the pack an aluminum heat sink, a 12v dc fan, and don't worry about explosions unless you have them on your lap lol.....the car engine runs on explosions pushing the pistons....these little sissy guys are scared of little explosions....no insult but I find it funny how they are scared of li-ion batteries exploding.

A simple fuse could take care of the shorting out. Just like AHEM, house circuit breakers....and even when they fail, you won't die...the wires (fuse) will always burn first.

At any rate, looking forward to your project.

TinselKoala

A lot of people have died because lithium batteries have caught on fire and/or exploded. If I'm going to be riding around on an electric bike powered by lithium batteries, I want to be able to sue a legit manufacturer when it blows up in my crotch.

Joel, please google "airline crashes battery fire" and spend half an hour reading.