Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Crystal Cell Research for Experimenter

Started by plengo, October 24, 2014, 11:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickZ

NO electrlyte. Just air and sealed on top. The cells can be placed in series, for higher voltage.
Carbon does not oxidize, like metal does. Aluminum is cheap, or free.

skywatcher

Quote from: NickZ on November 13, 2019, 06:16:20 PM
   NO electrlyte. Just air and sealed on top. The cells can be placed in series, for higher voltage.
Carbon does not oxidize, like metal does. Aluminum is cheap, or free.

So you took an aluminium can, filled it with aquarium coal (that's also called 'activated coal' ?), then stuck a carbon rod into it, and that's all ?
No other materials (except of the epoxy for sealing) ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium%E2%80%93air_battery

But an aluminium-air battery also uses electrolyte... so it's also a 100% galvanic cell.

BTW the aluminium is not free because the energy you get from it is the energy which has been used to produce the aluminium.
It's the reversal of the same chemical reaction.

NickZ

Of course you can use an electrolyte, for higher output, as well as a higher break down of the aluminum/Mg used.   Aluminum was or at least has been free, for me. Activated carbon can be at bit expensive, but worth using.   It was all fun, at one time...

sm0ky2

Using like electrodes is one way to eliminate galvanic deterioration
This does not prevent oxidation in certain metals, and thus is not always the answer.

If the energy is coming from an outside source, due to physical properties
or is stored in the electrolyte itself,
Inert electrodes, (such as carbon rods used in the center of lead-acid batteries) are
the certain method to eliminate galvanic reactions as the source of potential.

outside radiation is almost inherently absorbed by spacing, or thickness of the layers.
as a multiple, equivalent, or fraction of specific wavelength(s).
in this manner, energy can enter into the cell and appear as potential on the terminals.
One such example is a non-polarized electrolytic capacitor
many of these are sized to available environmental radiation
and will "self charge" when placed across a high impedance

some electrolytes catalyze when a circuit is closed between the terminals.
These batteries are generally "chargeable".
Supplying an electric potential across the terminals will reverse the reaction.
These electrolytes are combination solutions. Containing multiple chemicals, or at least one
compound that releases energy when it breaks down and absorbs energy to facilitate recombination.
Molecular and ionic fuel cells operate by this principal.

There are other ways energy can enter into the cell, as well.

The first step is to eliminate electrode degradation.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.