Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Double pawl magnetic ratchet

Started by DreamThinkBuild, October 16, 2014, 02:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumen

It looks like the double action is taking energy, why not just make the magnet arm more horizontal and use gravity to drop into the next notch and let the magnet rotate the wheel, then drop into the next and the wheel rotates again.

DreamThinkBuild

Hi All,

Here is a failed attempt at using a modified ratchet. This uses a single pawl. Even though this version failed it was a good learning experience.

When I first made this design I measured the magnets field of influence with the pawl magnet. Side to side the gating dropped off at around 1.8cm diameter and the field for pushing would be half that .9cm. Based on those values I built the model.

What I didn't take into account was the next field creating a overlapping field which creates the sticky spot. This causes a big problem with this ratchet design I don't think there is any way to get useful power from this current setup.

In order to overcome the next magnetic field it would have to be spaced almost double distance from the next magnet. By doing that it would also decrease the strength that the magnet could push off of. With larger magnets the problem is amplified.

I put this here so maybe someone else has a better idea or inspires something new. :)

gyulasun

Hi DreamThinkBuild,

Many thanks for reporting your findings with this interesting idea.  Perhaps, just perhaps the use of small soft iron plate pieces on or at the appropiate sides of the magnets could help reduce overlapping of the fields.  (I do not mean you try that of course.)

Gyula

mscoffman

I've wondered whether a unidirectional Halbach Magnet array could be used to reduce the size of the sticky spot. One could
place the sticky spot out of the direction of the central magnetism. With the proper linkages any magnetic orientation could be
utilized. For example in a pendular machine the drive arrays could be placed directly back to back. I challenge the array to
form a correct polarity and strong inhibitory sticky stop under all circumstances.

There is a science company in England that builds aluminum array holders that hold cube magnets in the correct orientation to
become small Halbach arrays. They use allen screws to hold the magnets in correct orientation. Halback array don't resist magnetic
fields but instead direct both magnetic poles out in a single direction.

:S:MarkSCoffman