Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tommey Reed Rocket Mass Heater Project

Started by TommeyLReed, October 31, 2014, 09:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkE

Quote from: Rigel4 on November 02, 2014, 11:56:38 PM
Thanks Mark, I am not sure what you mean about condensate on the existing unit. You mean from temperature differential? or his future design?
The existing ones I have seen use earth as a heat sink so moisture is not an issue. The one that Z has shown may not be legal or safe inside a house. I just don't know.
If Tommey can get a boiler or whatever he has in mind and a steam engine going, it would be interesting.
I mean that highly efficient heat exchangers end up condensing moisture out of the air, and that condensate then has to drain somewhere.

Carbon monoxide is an issue that needs careful attention with any combustion device.

Whether Tommey goes with his original steam engine concept or a Stirling as I have suggested, I am sure he will build something interesting.

minnie

I have two oil fired boilers. The older one ( not condensing ) cannot hold hand in flue gas
outlet for more than a few seconds. New condensing boiler flue gas barely warm on hand.
Got to be saying something,
              John.

TommeyLReed

ramset

Techstuff
I burn hot and clean in cycles, allowing my fires to burn out completely, and even in dead of winter, usually, can coast nearly all night without a burn.  Been using wood heat for most all my life.  About the only thing I'd consider trading up for is Hydrogen Catalysis.

Sir,
what is your opinion on burning Green wood in the Rocket stove?

does the high airflow carry the moisture out or act as an internal dryer ?

thx
Chet

Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

TommeyLReed

Hi Chet,

I like the idea of controlling air flow, this baby will force enough air flow to turn a PC fan through a vacuum.

I could even produce enough power to light up some LED, I think would be interesting to show .

I believe these are the only types of heater that won't catch fire because of a complete burn, but I still added a cap on top of the feed tube just in case.

The real key is to get more heat out of the system before it goes outside, but over all it's a great way to heat your home.

I also know you use about 75% less wood, while the temperature stay constant burning only the tip of the wood like a match.

This also make me think of a solar heat flow generator, using the sun to heat a black surface to cause air to rise up into a turbine tube.

Tom