Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

bedini, the daftman SS charger & MHOP

Started by qtrhack, November 04, 2014, 05:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

So don't buy one. Nobody is twisting your arm.

You might ask Tinman about his scope, maybe it would be more to your liking. It's only about seven times more expensive than the basic Hantek...

Here's a recent screenshot from my old Link parallel port scope, made in 1997, running on Windows 98:

(And I think the Hantek probably has better software! This scope can't do trace multiplication.)

TinselKoala

Quote from: qtrhack on November 07, 2014, 12:19:22 PM
i've got two 2n3055s with your name on it when i get the chance  ;)

thx!!
I'm thinking that it would work even better if you used ultrafast diodes instead of 1n4007. The UF4007 is a bit faster (75 ns), but my "current" favorite is BYV26E, 1kV 1amp 75 ns recovery time, avalanche rated, inexpensive.

qtrhack

Quote from: TinselKoala on November 07, 2014, 03:34:36 PM
my "current" favorite is BYV26E, 1kV 1amp 75 ns recovery time, avalanche rated, inexpensive.

just ordered me a bunch ;)  thx again!!

qtrhack

Quote from: MileHigh on November 05, 2014, 10:49:42 AM
What is an L/R time constant?

http://www.learnabout-electronics.org/ac_theory/dc_ccts45.php

The LR Time Constant.

When a current is applied to an inductor it takes some time for the current to reach its maximum value, after which it will remain in a "steady state" until some other event causes the input to change. The time taken for the current to rise to its steady state value in an LR circuit depends on:

•The resistance (R)
This is the total circuit resistance, which includes the DC resistance of the inductor (RL) itself, plus any external circuit resistance.

• The inductance of L
Which is proportional to the square of the number of turns, the cross sectional area of coil and the permeability of the core.

MileHigh

Yes and if you played the animation you see it in action.  The screen cap is attached.

There is one mistake on that page that you repeated.  It's really the "L/R" time constant and not the "LR" time constant.  You don't want to confuse it with the RC time constant.  The first is division, the second multiplication.  Since the L/R time constant and the RC time constant have the same exponential waveform, you see it everywhere on scope traces.  If you randomly watched 10 clips that have a lot of scope shots done by typical experimenters around here, chances are you will observe the exponential waveform in at leas a few, if not most, of the clips.

The time constant can be a microsecond, a millisecond, a second, or a day in length, but they still have the same waveform.