Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Let's get Slider (aka Mark Vaughan) a nice 4-channel DSO with math functions!

Started by ramset, February 20, 2015, 10:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramset

Mark E
Watching these men work and toil day in and day out
for the last five years carrying water for this community
Plus digging into their own pockets and financing work for all to
benefit from... as well as that all so precious  commodity _Time_ .

I have nothing but respect and gratitude for them and worry
not the least about their Judgement or this new direction ,where
others have the opportunity to carry some water too...in whatever way they can.

Your comparing this effort to the work of Sterling Allen or even mentioning
trips about black boxes and head banging  leaves me with the feeling I have
done a poor job describing the Goals here.

a new thread will be started in the next few days to define this,  perhaps
a better spokesperson will help with that .

Thx
Chet
PS
Once again Thanks to all who helped and also to those who wish they could.
there are some wonderful experiments and techs on their way here.

Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

TinselKoala

Quote from: MarkEIf there is one thing that you should get a hold of it is a power analyzer that is in good condition.  I do not have one that I can lend you.

Here's one for Wesley:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magtrol-model-4612B-POWER-ANALYZER-/301021500486?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4616479446

:o

Even on EBay, modern wideband power analyzers are very costly. But even basic ones should be able to handle most of the devices we see demonstrated here, like the recent one from Turkey, the "Turxator" that fools its inline Wattmeter into displaying "zero watts" drawn from the big honking power supply.   ???

This one's cute:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Valhalla-Scientific-Model-2100-Digital-Power-Analyzer-/151431050896

But for serious players, you'd need to spend a few dollars more:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Valhalla-Scientific-2330A-Programmable-Digital-Power-Analyzer-w-GPIB-TESTED-/271497296910

Or...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yokogawa-WT3000-Precision-Power-Analyzer-Motor-Ver-Full-opt-/151447765258

:-\

MarkE

A good quality power analyzer, particularly one that can handle high crest factors is a fairly necessary item for evaluating claims of electrical "energy amplification".

MarkE

Quote from: ramset on February 21, 2015, 09:46:03 AM
Mark E
Watching these men work and toil day in and day out
for the last five years carrying water for this community
Plus digging into their own pockets and financing work for all to
benefit from... as well as that all so precious  commodity _Time_ .

I have nothing but respect and gratitude for them and worry
not the least about their Judgement or this new direction ,where
others have the opportunity to carry some water too...in whatever way they can.

Your comparing this effort to the work of Sterling Allen or even mentioning
trips about black boxes and head banging  leaves me with the feeling I have
done a poor job describing the Goals here.

a new thread will be started in the next few days to define this,  perhaps
a better spokesperson will help with that .

Thx
Chet
PS
Once again Thanks to all who helped and also to those who wish they could.
there are some wonderful experiments and techs on their way here.
I have tried to convey a very simple message to you several times now:  Charity is a finite resource.  Use it wisely.

If I were considering equipping someone who might casually chase an unusual idea, I think that I would be inclined to purchase the gear, and loan it rather than gift it.  That way if the equipment does not see good use, I would at least have the theoretical option of redeploying it some place else.

TinselKoala

I'd be inclined to second that motion. For something like a power analyzer or spectrum analyzer especially, that is rarely used but expensive to own, it makes good sense to have them held "in common" and loaned out when needed by individual researchers. I mean, why spend thousands of dollars on something that takes ten minutes to connect, another ten minutes to take some readings.... heck, you'll spend more time warming it up than actually using it, in our testing scenarios.

I can borrow an older Clarke-Hess 2330 power analyzer pretty much whenever I really need to. It's kind of a hassle, involving a couple days of travel to fetch and return it, but I have done it for certain projects.

The scope is another matter though. I don't think a day goes by that I don't turn on a scope or two to tinker about with something. I even use my old Tek RM503 as a room heater when it's cold outside. And for preliminary power testing and spectrum snooping the DSO with math including fft  is a valuable tool.