Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New to the forum, Long time believer in OU

Started by 1337, March 10, 2015, 10:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forest

As you posted for example at 46,9khz 1000W of power is dissipated on this heater. Is there any energy dissipated at this frequency by inductance magnetic field ?

MarkE

Quote from: forest on March 13, 2015, 07:31:31 AM
MarkE

Can you explain how you get the formula for apparent power PAPPARENT52.9E3 V2/Z.
What does 52.9E^3 factor mean ?
How did you got that nice graph ?
PAPPARENT is the product of the rms voltage:  230Vac rms, and the rms current: 230Vac rms/Z.  It is the apparent power uncorrected for the phase shift caused by the inductance.
52,300 is (230Vac rms)2.
I made a spreadsheet to generate the graph.  It uses the same formulas that I posted.

MarkE

Quote from: forest on March 13, 2015, 07:39:44 AM
As you posted for example at 46,9khz 1000W of power is dissipated on this heater. Is there any energy dissipated at this frequency by inductance magnetic field ?
Inductance by definition only stores energy.  It does not dissipate energy.  Any energy dissipated will look like resistance. 

The more important thing here is that there is no reason to try and drive high frequency current through the heaters.  Build a power converter at whatever frequency is convenient, then filter that and feed it to your coils.  Steady DC puts the least mechanical stress on the ressitance wire anyway, and it makes filtering the EMI easier. 

I assume that building multi-kW power converters is something new to you.  The old school method would be a triac type heating control which you can just buy off the shelf for relatively low cost. Instead of PWM'ing the triac heater controllers operate complete half cycles.  They switch at the AC zero crossing.  As a result, the EMI is low as is the cost.  They rely on the thermal inertia of the thermal load to average out the temperature.  If it takes 10 minutes to heat something up by 200C, then the 1/100th of one second represented by a 50Hz half cycle with the heat on or off only changes the temperature by a fraction of a percent.

forest

Hmm..I've got 1096W real power at 46,9khz from your formula. Why such difference of 96W ?

forest

MarkE

Thanks for advice.Sorry, but I will try that stupid path of high frequency first - it simplify many aspects. Actuall I think it may be easier then I thought.
You said inductance store energy. That's correct, but at such high frequency it will flip poles 46900 times per second. I hope you see what I'm about ;-)
I've got what I've got - plenty of coil wound resistive heaters and only few expensive (fortunately found at scrap yard at low price) diodes.

Thank You for your help MarkE. You are GREAT!