Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Measuring Amps on output coils

Started by nathanj99, March 16, 2015, 06:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkE

Quote from: TinselKoala on March 22, 2015, 06:59:49 PM
Yes, it's a good one and leads-out much thought and speculation.

One question that immediately arises is this: Does the magnet always wind up rotating in the same direction or sense?
No... it does not. It can rotate in either direction once it gets started.

I have also done the experiment using a larger disc magnet, about the size and shape of a US quarter-dollar coin, completely
wrapped in copper foil. My thinking was that this should help to equalize any thermal gradient across the magnet. It still rotates.

The superconductor is a YBCO type, melt-textured and sintered, prepared according to formulae and directions from Eugene Podkletnov.
It is a brain teaser.  I am inclined to think that it is thermal gradients changing the magnet force top to bottom that drive the thing.  Foil is so-so as a thermal conductor because of the aspect ratio.  If you were to come up with copper or aluminum cup halves with reasonably thick walls to place the disc magnet in, then I think you would see the oscillations damp.  Unfortunately, part of that would be due to eddy current braking. 

An alternative experiment might be to cover the vessel placing the pressure vent holes off to the sides so that gas currents and temperature gradients are mostly lateral.  Thinking off the cuff a pair of concentric plastic domes with a barrier above the vent holes should really reduce both gradients in the region of the magnet.

tinman

Quote from: MarkE on March 22, 2015, 05:44:11 PM
That's just wrong.  The Meissner Effect causes a super conductor to reject all external magnetic fields from penetrating inside the superconductor.  The fields inside and outside are very real and very useful, or at least entertaining.  Here is a very fun instructive demonstration by the Royal Society.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPqEEZa2Gis  Here is another fun demo:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyOtIsnG71U.
The magnetic field is introduced/induced by the PM, a super conductor dose not have a magnetic field unless one is introduced/induced by a PM or electromagnet. Cool the super conductor down without introducing a magnetic field, and try to get a magnetic material to stick to it. You see the super conductor is held so far off the track wether upsidedown or on top of the track. The same effect can be done with standard PMs

MarkE

Quote from: tinman on March 22, 2015, 10:22:55 PM
The magnetic field is introduced/induced by the PM, a super conductor dose not have a magnetic field unless one is introduced/induced by a PM or electromagnet. Cool the super conductor down without introducing a magnetic field, and try to get a magnetic material to stick to it. You see the super conductor is held so far off the track wether upsidedown or on top of the track. The same effect can be done with standard PMs
The magnetic field that we are concerned with is the one poled into the superconductor.  Each of those demonstratins does that.  Try and get a copper bar to float underneath strong magnets.  It will slowly fall a short distance and then drop very fast.

tinman

Quote from: MarkE on March 22, 2015, 10:33:29 PM
The magnetic field that we are concerned with is the one poled into the superconductor.  Each of those demonstratins does that.  Try and get a copper bar to float underneath strong magnets.  It will slowly fall a short distance and then drop very fast.
And once this field is poled into the super cooled material , you believe a current is now flowing through that material?-without a voltage potential?
As I said, the same effect can be done with magnets arranged in a particular fashion.

MarkE

Quote from: tinman on March 23, 2015, 12:18:30 AM
And once this field is poled into the super cooled material , you believe a current is now flowing through that material?-without a voltage potential?
As I said, the same effect can be done with magnets arranged in a particular fashion.
Superconductors have the unique ability to circulate current without loss:  No sustaining voltage is required to maintain the current.