Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnetic Shielding

Started by CLaNZeR, October 03, 2006, 06:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaby de wilde

the trick of shielding is in closing the magnetic loop with it. If done well only one kind of flux propagates beyond it. Either north or south but never both. It should be simple to build a spinning device. It wont have much power but it can be made to work. For real power you would need to switch the flux in big cores rather then thin sheets.

One step at a time :-)

Then there is a way of placing the shield on the domain wall. Thats also " shielding" but quite different.
blog  | papers | tech | inventors  | video

Charlie_V

The problem with shielding is that the shield will mimic the same magnetic field as the magnet (with reversed poles of course).  I tried to use shielding to weaken, periodically, the magnetic field coming from a permanent magnet and going into a coil.  The flux from the shield was such that it matched with the flux generated from the coil.  So in the end, it was the same as just moving the permanent magnet back and forth - the counter torque was not reduced at all with the shielding.  I abandoned this idea. 

It is true however, you want to make the shield as thick as possible.  You don't need mu-metal.  Steel plumbing pipe found at any hardware store (or Lowes) is about 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick and makes a great shield - and is really cheap.  Mu-metal is just too expensive and you need so many layers.  Low carbon steels also work better because they have higher saturation than normal steels.

But like I said earlier, shielding does not work - atleast what I've tried, and I tried many many arrangements.  You want to destroy the back EMF's affect on the prime mover and I'm fairly certain that shielding is not the way to do that.

gyulasun

Quote from: superhero on March 17, 2014, 06:54:11 PM
Have anyone ever studied the effects of lenses on the magnetic field

Hi Superhero,

No it never occured to me...  you mean optical lenses, right?  If you do, is there any hint that made you ask this question? Perhaps you tested it?

Gyula

raburgeson

The best solution would be to figure out what is acually happening in the center of a simple bar magnet. Is it a depletion zone, the action of a vortex, or what. If we can move the null point inside the magnet to one end it should make the flux almost non exist on that end. I know what he is up to and I won't really tell. The simple explanation is he hit the perfect number of rotating magnets around a rotating magnetic armature with the right number of poles and, knows the proper gearing for the outside ring of rotating magnets and wants to build a motor.

mscoffman

Quote from: superhero on March 17, 2014, 06:54:11 PM
Have anyone ever studied the effects of lenses on the magnetic field

Magnetic fields do not "project" out of an object like a ray. They come out of it. A line of magnetic flux exists at each point
around a loop. It's kind of a touchy feely way of making sure that anything crossing the magnetic field line gets
integrated into the loop as a whole. So while one can redirect magnetic flux around a gap you can not project it
across a gap, focusing and insulation are generally therefore not available to static magnetic field.

:S:MarkSCoffman