Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New Aluminium Battery hast he qualities of a real breakthrough

Started by markdansie, April 07, 2015, 09:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian516

Quote from: Paul-R on April 08, 2015, 12:14:26 PM
Are we to believe that this amounts to a sheet of Al wrapped around a rod of carbon (part of a welding rod) with a bit of cloth soaked in salty water in between?

It's not quite that simple..
Check out the link to Robert Murray-Smith's video that I posted above.  If you want to try it for yourself, he goes thru everything step by step in videos (look in his playlists for the vids to make the graphene, electrolyte, and anything else you might need to know how to do).
The only thing that is semi-complex in the process is making the graphene.

Farmhand

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3027399/The-battery-recharges-MINUTE-Experts-build-cheap-flexible-power-pack-aluminium.html

I see a major problem with the claim of charging a phone battery in under 1 minute. The charger. For example my phone has a 2.53 amp hour battery. that means, if (rounding the battery size to 2.5 amp hour) I convert to amp minutes so I can see how many amps would be required to charge the battery in one minute. So that's 2.5 amp hours x 60 minutes = 150 amp minutes, so that would mean if I wanted to charge the battery in one minute I would need to cause 150 amps to the phone.

Not only will it require thick cables but also a powerful charger, if the charging voltage is 5 volts then 5v times 150A is 750 Watts.
And the charger would be taking over three amps at 240 volts from the wall.

So to charge this beast battery in under 1 minute would require almost 1 Horsepower.

Now that is something I would like to see happen.  :)

I would think 5 amps would be a fast enough rate to charge at. That would charge the battery in 30 minutes.

There can be an advantage to using a low charge current on a phone in use in a car on charge, so that the phone runs from the power supply and just keeps the battery at nominal voltage.

Having said that any battery that replaces lithium with aluminium has got to be good even if it take the same or even longer to charge.

Anyone else agree the 1 minute charge thing is a bit radical ?

Brian516

Quote from: Farmhand on April 08, 2015, 10:24:10 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3027399/The-battery-recharges-MINUTE-Experts-build-cheap-flexible-power-pack-aluminium.html

I see a major problem with the claim of charging a phone battery in under 1 minute. The charger. For example my phone has a 2.53 amp hour battery. that means, if (rounding the battery size to 2.5 amp hour) I convert to amp minutes so I can see how many amps would be required to charge the battery in one minute. So that's 2.5 amp hours x 60 minutes = 150 amp minutes, so that would mean if I wanted to charge the battery in one minute I would need to cause 150 amps to the phone.

Not only will it require thick cables but also a powerful charger, if the charging voltage is 5 volts then 5v times 150A is 750 Watts.
And the charger would be taking over three amps at 240 volts from the wall.

So to charge this beast battery in under 1 minute would require almost 1 Horsepower.

Now that is something I would like to see happen.  :)

I would think 5 amps would be a fast enough rate to charge at. That would charge the battery in 30 minutes.

There can be an advantage to using a low charge current on a phone in use in a car on charge, so that the phone runs from the power supply and just keeps the battery at nominal voltage.

Having said that any battery that replaces lithium with aluminium has got to be good even if it take the same or even longer to charge.

Anyone else agree the 1 minute charge thing is a bit radical ?

Hm, I never really considered that part of the whole 1 minute charge situation... you're right, though, at least on paper.   What they must be saying is that the little single layer cell he's holding in his hands takes about one minute to charge.... but how long would an equivalent lithium ion cell take? two minutes, three??  There is a severe lack of information in that article now that you mention it.     I've been wanting to attempt making my own aluminum-graphene cells from Robert's instructions, but I do not have the materials or means to make the graphene yet, so I have zero experience on this specific matter.    I have far too much else to focus on atm to be worrying about trying to make my own supercaps or cells. 

Thinking a little bit deeper into it, though, brings up the fact that an aluminum graphene/"graphite" cell would act much more like a super capacitor than a cell.  Doesn't that mean it could be pulse-charged with a voltage higher than it's meant to put out, and "step it down" into less voltage/more current?   Just for numbers sake, 100V@10A  =   25V@40A, correct?  Either way you look at that, you have 1000 Watts of power.

So, for nice round numbers, let's say we want our cell battery to put out 4V @ 1000mAh (1Ah), or 4V @ 60,000mAmin (60Amin) -  if we are able to charge at a higher voltage and let the chemical reaction "step it down" for us like a sort-of transformer, we could charge it at 40V, 6Amps for 1 minute - we would have our full-size cell phone battery charged in about one minute.    IF it works that way......

profitis

No no robert murray-smith is dealing with non-redox capacitors.stanford is dealing with redox electrochemistry of aluminum its completely different.aluminum is functioning exactly the same as lithium in the Li-ion bats:Li> Li+ + e-/ Al> Al3+ + 3e-. Until now nobody could get more than a hanful charge-discharge cycles going with aluminum but now they got it up to 7000 cycles.and very fast too.they're going to make billions of dollars because its 1)cheaper 2)faster 3)safer than Li-ion.voltage is slightly less though at about 2v versus 3v of the Li-ions but this is no problem.

minnie

Capacitors lose potential whereas a storage battery is able to maintain potential.
This means that for a capacitor to be useful as a storage device voltage control will
be required.