Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

R-Walker Selfsustaining Free Energy bike from Mexico

Started by hartiberlin, May 11, 2015, 02:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartiberlin

Hi All,
there are 2 young Mexican inventors, Victor Garcia, age 17 and Raul Grajales,
who has built and shown a selfsustaining electric motorbike.

It is started by a conventional 12 Volts Lead Acid battery and
if the back wheel goes faster than 2000 RPM the whole bike gets selfsufficient and propells itsself
via some kind of recharging process.
They also use 2 big 1.5 Farad Supercapacitors for the recharge storage and probably
these supercaps also recharge then the battery.

Here is the text Reuters has published about this invention:

Mexican students invent eco-friendly motorbike

What if you could harvest the energy of a moving vehicle to continue to power it ?

That is the question asked by students of this technical high
school college in Oaxaca, Mexico, one year ago.

It resulted in this prototype motorcycle called R-Walker created by 17-year-old Victor Garcia.

VICTOR GARCIA, SAYING:

"The project is a prototype that generates its own energy as it goes along: As it goes faster and covers longer distances,
it generates more energy. In that way, you don't have to charge the battery every 6-8 hours."

Garcia calls the process "auto-sustainability."

It's based on the principle of converting energy through speed and distance travelled; the engine becomes self-sustaining,
generating more than 2,000 revolutions per minute.

A battery is used to spark ignition, and afterwards without using any combustion the vehicle can carry up to 110 kilograms
and travel at more than 60 kilometers per hour.

Co-designer Raul Grajales said R-Walker could bring huge savings for motorcycle users, as well as the environment.

RAUL GRAJALES, SAYING:

"With this, we have reduced the use of 200 batteries a day and seventy percent of pollution, because it does not contaminate and has zero emissions and we use one battery every 5-10 years."

They built the eco-friendly motorbike from recycled materials, bringing its final price tag to around $200 – a comparatively small sum when considering its potential benefits.

Here is the video from it:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mexican-students-invent-eco-friendly-motorbike/vp-BBiJSgZ
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

hartiberlin

Here is a video I just made about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_dxUgOTVOs

Please share on Facebook and give a thumbs up,so this
technology is being spreaded and will be known much more.

Many thanks.
Regards, Stefan.

hartiberlin

[/b][b]

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oaxaca.gob.mx%2Festudiantes-del-cobao-triunfan-en-espana-ganan-oro-en-robotica%2F&edit-text=

Original:
http://www.oaxaca.gob.mx/estudiantes-del-cobao-triunfan-en-espana-ganan-oro-en-robotica/

clashed with teams of Turkey, Brazil, Italy, Argentina, Belgium, China and Slovakia, among others

Students of the College of Bachelors of the State of Oaxaca (Cobao) represented Mexico in the International Robotics Tournament Exporecerca, held in Barcelona, ​​Spain, where they obtained the gold medal with the prototype "The Caminate" which is a self-sustaining scooter it does not require fuel to operate.

Young Victor Ricardo Matias Garcia and Raul Grajales Guzman, respectively and coursing the sixth semester on campus Pueblo Nuevo, arrived at the International Science Fair Exporecerca with the R-Walker, a kind of compact scooter capable of transporting a person virtually permanently, because it has a self-sustaining engine that converts mechanical energy into electricity to feed themselves.

This prototype won a Gold Medal in the innovative project, which gave the jury the event, and a further ballot held among those attending the exhibition category.

Oaxacans who represented Mexico in Europe involving more than 200 students from 15 countries, who submitted 116 projects in science and technology.

"We design a mobility system that does not pollute, it does not require fuel, ie it was self-sustaining and that would meet an important need mainly in rural areas of our state: transport," say the young graduates.

Smiling, Victor and Raul explained that worked for a year in the planning, design, construction and testing of the prototype to refine the details of its operation.

For the project used the structure cut from a bicycle, he adapted resistant tire to road, put an engine two thousand 700 rpm, a capacitor and dynamo that act as generator, buffer and alternator power and a battery that only used for spark ignition.

"This vehicle keeps moving and generates its own energy," they said.

The R-Walker resists up to 110 kilograms and caused a sensation in the Multimedia competition.  It cost about three thousand dollars, but if done in series that price would drop considerably, indicated Cobao youth, we are advised by Professor Alejandro Villavicencio Arenaza.

Students have the research protocol;  plans and photographs of the design and construction as well as a thorough evaluation of the project, presented at the Magna Science Fair where teams of Turkey, Brazil, Italy, Argentina, Belgium, China and Slovakia participated, among others.   Oaxaca, April 15, 2015

MarkE

I think the MSN piece was really bad.  It looks like he is just using regenerative braking to recharge.  The big black thing in the middle on closer inspection looks like a sealed lead acid battery.  The big super caps buffer the regeneration current.

DaKrampus

Hi Stephan,
I usually do not comment this kind of news, but in this particular case I think I know what happened as i myself work in and with the media

This is my theory:
A young journalist from reuters is in mexico, and found this story. She probably was there for something else but found the subject interesting.
She goes to the place and talks to the people at the university.
Her spanish is probably not perfect and the people are enthousiastic and... exagerate a little bit.

Example:  this bike's wheels might  turn at 2000 rpm.. but i really doubt you can "cruise" at 60 km/h with those small wheels.. there would be the smallest stone on the road you would fly meters away.
He probably meant it has an autonomy of 60km...  (in spanish he probably said: you can go 60km) and the journalist thought he meant 60km per hour...

doing 60 km with one 12 volts lead acid battery is extremely efficient...

What also struck me is what the guys are saying.

Let me quote:

VICTOR GARCIA, SAYING:

"The project is a prototype that generates its own energy as it goes along: As it goes faster and covers longer distances,
it generates more energy. In that way, you don't have to charge the battery every 6-8 hours."

OK.. but he does NOT say you dont have to charge it at all!!!

Garcia calls the process "auto-sustainability."
IMHO this is the translation mistake. He probably means something like: "it produces energy that is reinjected into the system"

RAUL GRAJALES, SAYING:

"With this, we have reduced the use of 200 batteries a day and seventy percent of pollution, because it does not contaminate and has zero emissions and we use one battery every 5-10 years."

200 batteries !!!?!?!? a day!?!?!? not realistic..
he probably meant: we have reduced the battery use by 200% a day... and have reduced the pollution by  70%.

This would be far more realistic specially as they call it themselves:  "the eco-friendly motorbike"

But if a reputated news agency like reuters writes this article, hundreds of other newspapers or news sites will take it one to one, without even checking.

So i personally think that those guys invented an electric motor bicycle that uses 2 times less energy than an ordinary one.. thats all..
but again.. I could be wrong  :P

Luc

PS: they won the prize with it.. because it has probably a very low energy consumption...