Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Eric Dollard Lightglobe experiment

Started by pomodoro, August 27, 2015, 08:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pomodoro

What do you guys think is really going on with the light globe in the famous demonstration of '89 by Eric Dollard and Lindermann? Copper foil is attracted to it, a repulsive force is felt, and its light can charge up a nearby capacitor to thousands of volts in a few seconds?
It was also replicated again by an older Eric lately in the link below.

Is is just static , electrons being shot out of the bulb , or is it something unexplainable? 

The old experiment, watch from 20:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFa-IymyWHM

The 'new' replication
http://www.gestaltreality.com/energy-synthesis/eric-dollard/teslas-radiant-matter-replication-by-mark-mckay/

gyulasun

Hi pomodoro,

For the following possible explanations to be correct, I assume that the point in the output circuit where the bulb is connected (with the two pieces of wires) has an average HV DC component, i.e. not AC, no zero crossing.
So it is very probable that the filament wire in the bulb floats on HV DC pulses with respect to (system) ground. That would explain why the copper foil is attracted towards the filament of the bulb (normal static attraction).

I think that the repel force sensed by the fingers right on the outside surface of bulb can be explained by the principle of a HV lifter. Our body with our fingers as 'pointers' is a capacitor with respect to our close vicinity, (which is mainly the ground) and could be considered as one of the 'plates' and the other 'plate' is just the filament surface floating on HV DC, the two can constitute an asymmetrical capacitor needed to get thrust the fingers feel.
The HV DC pulses could charge up a capacitor too.
What do you think?

Gyula

pomodoro

Hi Gyula, I agree with your explanation, but how would a DC potential build up on the secondary? Even a DC pulsed into the tesla hi Q secondary should turn into AC. I researched those ' diodes' they are not diodes at all but hydrogen discharge tubes that were used in radar systems. They will conduct either way once they break down.

TinselKoala

Note the neons at either end of the "secondary". Under certain conditions these can act as rectifiers or "detectors". However, the whole setup is, as is typical with ED, a kludge which suffers from PTBarnum-style showmanship, meaningless jargon and lack of good measurements. It gets a big "so what" from me. One wire power transmission using dangerously  high voltages to light up a little bulb and charge a capacitor? Invoking the holy name of Tesla, which is sure to make the sheeple bow and scrape, with glassed-over eyeballs? SO WHAT.

The story about how the apparatus was destroyed during a 5-block move to a new lab, and never rebuilt... is hilarious.

Meanwhile, I do _no wire_ power transmission using low, safe, voltages, lighting bulbs brighter than when they are directly connected to the battery, and charging caps to much higher voltages than is supplied by the battery source. And I don't spend a lot of money doing it. So what?

(To call the Diathermy high-voltage source a "Tesla Coil" is a real stretch, and is typical of Dollard's distortions and misrepresentations. Is an automotive ignition coil a "Tesla Coil"? How about a CRT flyback transformer? No, friends, they are not. A Tesla Coil is a 1/4 wave aircore resonator that functions by VRSWR, Voltage Rise through Standing Wave Resonance. Dollard knows this, and also knows that dropping the name of Tesla whenever he can is a surefire way to bamboozle the hopeful innocents in his audience.)  Here's what a small 24 VDC powered _actual_ Tesla Coil actually does:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIZClhoU2Xk

pomodoro

Awesome lil' tesla there TK.   Yep, Dollard's experiment is no replication of the tesla coil at all, after all, tesla grounded one of the secondaries and transmitted power to the other coil through space. Dollard  directly connects the two with a wire and the globe, and doesn't use the two coil turn of the secondary at all.  Im going to spend a little time to see if I can get the same effect as he did with the globe. I found some 15W 240V vacuum filament bulbs and I have a small Oudin coil, so all I need is a bit of time..