Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to make a magnet (ball or disc) rolling a long distance, simple device.

Started by bikelight, October 01, 2015, 08:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

Nice design but, don't forget that if there is a load on that coil, Lenz will kick in.  It would have to be tested to see if Lenz creates more drag than the magnets can handle.  At some point, I am guessing that they will cancel each other out and stop the ball.

That is just a guess on my part as I have not tried this.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

bikelight

When manget ball B in place B1 (dashed line), magnet ball cover sensor P, optical delay switch acts to cut off power of coil C, magnet ball will drop into groove H by gravity force, magnet ball will be back to original place for next run. The optical delay switch is controlled by a timer T, timer T will make sure coil's power cut off for few seconds, let magnet ball has enough time to drop and goes back to original place. then power coil again for next run.

Variable resistor R adjust current of coil to make sure coil has enough power to attract magnet ball B into B1 place.

Q and Q1 will generate electricity when magnet ball passes to charge battery (this battery is same battery to power coil C), so all system is self-supplied. 

To make system works better, the last iron piece of triangle sheet A also can be made as a electrical magnet.

SoManyWires

impressive considerations you've made since first noticing the ramp effect. well done.

providing the loop event can remain on its path through any points of resistance, it does appear to be taking useful advantage of gravity.
at least in optimistic theory for now.

just thinking a few ideas about this concept you are developing, and wondering if it might also work by adding peizo collectors at collision points to also collect energy without lenz concerns.

and also does it have to be that shape of ramp structure, could the loop be formed into a more radial path of travel.

thanx for sharing

sm0ky2

Quote from: Pirate88179 on October 18, 2015, 06:14:47 PM
Nice design but, don't forget that if there is a load on that coil, Lenz will kick in.
It would have to be tested to see if Lenz creates more drag than the magnets can handle.
At some point, I am guessing that they will cancel each other out and stop the ball.

That is just a guess on my part as I have not tried this.

Bill

Yes, there is a theoretical point where the two forces will cancel each other out.
But this is a counter balance to acceleration, which increases with acceleration.
So, the ball will not actually stop, but rather be restricted to a maximum acceleration.
As a factor of the diameter times the length of wire, over the length of the coil, times a materials property of the metal.

the magnetic attraction onto and off of the plate are said to be equal.
it takes just as much energy to remove the ball from the plate, as was acquired when the ball was attracted.
Therefore: the work function as the ball translates across the surface of the triangle,
as a result of varying paramagnetic potential - may be "free energy".
the coil may be able to harness some part of that energy
I say "may", because at the point where you place the ball on the triangle, there is less metal
the ball is more strongly attracted to the larger surface area after it moves.
that increase in attraction may offset the work function energy we are trying to harness.

only tests will tell
now we just need a way to "reset the ball".

the above design, is creative, however the mechanisms involved would require more energy than is generated by the coil.
if we could somehow harness the energy when the ball was attracted to the metal, then re-use that to remove the ball from the metal
then we could potentially have some left over. but the energy generated by one pass through a coil,
is much smaller than the energy required to remove the magnet from the steel.
I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.