Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Inductive Kickback

Started by citfta, November 20, 2015, 07:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

Quote from: Jeg on November 20, 2015, 12:26:14 PM
Hi Tinman :)

There is really no sense for voltage to change polarity while the field is collapsing. Voltage and current have a strict relation between the two. Current always flow from higher voltage potential to a lower one and never the opposite even momentarily.

That is not true.  Suppose that you have two batteries that have a common ground.  One battery is +1 volt and the other battery is +2 volts.

What will happen if you connect a 1-ohm resistor between the two batteries?

The answer is that one amp of current will flow into the +1 volt battery.  So in this example, current is flowing in the "opposite" direction through the +1 volt battery.

Jeg

Quote from: MileHigh on November 20, 2015, 12:34:01 PM
That is not true.  Suppose that you have two batteries that have a common ground.  One battery is +1 volt and the other battery is +2 volts.

What will happen if you connect a 1-ohm resistor between the two batteries?

The answer is that one amp of current will flow into the +1 volt battery.  So in this example, current is flowing in the "opposite" direction through the +1 volt battery.

Hi MH.
I said the same. Current flows from higher to lower potential always.

Ps. Ok MH I got it. Thanks.
  Inductor is now a power source itself, so yes Tinman is right. It changes voltage polarity but current flows the same direction inside the inductor. This is true.

synchro1

Quote from: tinman on November 20, 2015, 10:09:03 AM
The voltage across the inductor invert's,but the current continues to flow in the same direction. The energy from the collapsing magnetic field is not new energy,it is stored energy from the initial input energy.

@Tinman,

Everything is everything!

Magluvin

From what i have found in the past is that the output of the coil when input is taken away doesnt necessarily have to be a spike.  It depends on the load it is sent to.
Like putting a diode across a relay coil to recirculate the bemf, the the field collapse is slower than with a higher ohm load. Most relays are high ohm already so it does drop off very fast. But a very low ohm winding with high induction should slope while diminishing through the diode rather than a quick spike reaction of a higher ohm coil.

I have coils that I had shown in Lucs thread that are .5ohm 2mh.  The bemf from those coils will heat up a 5w 5 ohm resistor that you cant touch when hot. And its not due to quick spikes.

Mags

verpies

Quote from: tinman on November 20, 2015, 09:25:40 AM
When the current source to an inductor is interrupted, the current will continue to flow through the inductor in the same direction,but the voltage across that inductor will invert.
I agree.

I would add though, that the cause of current flow through an inductor can be:
- an external current source,
- an external voltage source,
- an external magnetic flux source,
- the inductor itself, since a current flowing through an ideal shorted inductor will flow forever.