Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A Perspective On The B Type EESD - Robert Murray-Smith - Any issues?

Started by MileHigh, November 29, 2015, 04:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minnie

Yes MH, we've got a Tesla p85d and it does work.
I think the battery voltage is something like 350 v.
The thing becomes unfeasable in my mind if your
  supply voltage is halved.
  Half the voltage means double the current.
  I don't think it would work!!
  I realise I'm only a farmer and to me this is just the
  application of logic.
  A cell phone may be all well and good, a sporty car no.

Nink

First don't get me wrong I have followed Dr Robert Murray Smith for years and usually replicate a lot of his work but I do think Dr Smith does take a little bit of a scientific license with his calculations. 
1) He uses numbers on the side of the Li Ion battery. The rating levels on a Li Ion battery may not be accurate and could be higher or lower than what is on the manufacturers product. Would the mA/h be lower or higher? Why?
2) He decided it was 13 cells for the Li Ion battery but there seemed to be some confusion when he unraveled it if it was 12 or 13. That would actually play in his favor if it was only 12.
3) Next he used grafoil in his example as the cathode and the anode and this has different electrical properties than copper and aluminum  If they play no part in the active process and only act as conductors perhaps he could do a side by comparison on copper and aluminum.  In the next video C type EESD he uses a thin graphite nano particle coated substrate for his conductors.
4) He was using a water based electrolyte in his separator,  is this practical to keep a separator wet in production or would he have to use a separator similar to the Li Ion Battery in production. 

That said the super capacitor batteries are  far superior to a regular Li Ion but I would prefer to the see a full side by side comparison on a cell by cell bases both under the same load and conditions.

The two products he was using I believe the black is probably a mixture of a graphene doped graphite and a binder like gum arabic and a preservative (he usually uses euxyl PE 9010 I believe).    The green product, I really don't know but sitting on his desk in the video is a green powder and another powder in a container so if anyone has a high res monitor you can probably get a hint. 

minnie

I did a bit of thinking whilst doing work and came up with a solution
that sort of satisfied my mind.
If the EES is as good as it's cracked up to be one way would be this:
say my car needs 350v. you could start off with a 700v. storage system
and then use it down to 350v. I can see a possibility of doing this
via switching or what ever.
There's load of exciting things  coming along such as a 6 inch thyristor.
This will allow the construction of UHVDC. lines which will get round the
problem of capacitance.

Nink

Quote from: minnie on November 29, 2015, 05:22:54 PM

If the EES is as good as it's cracked up to be one way would be this:
say my car needs 350v. you could start off with a 700v. storage system
and then use it down to 350v.

I agree and I think that is what he was trying to say in roundabout way.  His power to weight ratio is much higher.  So he can get around this pretty easy by doubling or even quadrupling  the number of cells and still have a lighter and lower cost battery with a longer life span.  The limiting factor is obviously mass production of single layer graphene at an affordable price and coming up with some form of designed obsolescence built into the device.  You can't have a battery that lasts forever ....

tinman

Quote from: MileHigh on November 29, 2015, 04:51:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-aOPQ9_MyM

Are there any issues with this clip?

Well i  watched the clip,and did not hear a specified discharge current for the lithium ion battery-which will determine how much current over time that it can deliver at the rated voltage. Just because your battery says for example !70 amp hour!,dose not mean it will deliver 70 amps for one hour at the batteries rated voltage. If no specific current draw or time is given with that amp hour rating,then it is normally over a period of 8 hours<-- SLA's.