Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A Perspective On The B Type EESD - Robert Murray-Smith - Any issues?

Started by MileHigh, November 29, 2015, 04:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

author=MileHigh link=topic=16225.msg488109#msg488109 date=1468069720]

MileHigh
[/quote]

My capacitors were no good MH,as they began to degrade rapidly after only 50 odd cycles.
That is why i discontinued with them.

MH
I am not in agreeance with RMSs measurement's,and i stated that on his video.
But what i do like about RMS,is that he dose so much toward experimentation,so yes,i do support him,but i did not support his measurements in that video.

QuoteHow would you test your capacitor on the bench to determine the size?  Let's see your bench smarts in action on paper right now.

Well if i had the urge to do that,then i would graph the voltage across a load resistor over time,and then calculate the energy dissipated.

QuoteShaken not stirred
!

Yes,i enjoy a good James Bond movie as well ;)

QuoteYou built a mysterious capacitor of unknown value.

Yes i did,and you are correct--2600 farads was probably not the correct value of that cap.
The value was a rough calculation made against another super cap of 100 farads,and how long each would run the same load-that being that small DC motor in the video.
When i first made the cap,it would run the same motor 26 times longer than the 100 farad cap would with the same voltage across it--so yes,it was a rough guess MH.

Brad

ramset

Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

poynt99

Quote from: ramset on July 09, 2016, 09:37:24 AM
So
will it be Pens or the  sword ?

Pistols at ten paces ??

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2010/03/05/man-knowledge-an-affair-of-honor-the-duel/

or a simple PDF ...

with gentlemen's rules

?

What is the challenge? Here's one:

1) 1.5V bench power source (not a battery)
2) 3 LED's (of agreed upon part number) in series.
3) The challenge: Light the 3 LED's with a circuit powered off the 1.5V supply. Correctly measure the input power (Pin from source) and output power (Pout power (total) dissipated by the 3 LED's). The highest Pout/Pin ratio wins.

Caveats:

a) The frequency of operation must be between 1kHz and 100kHz.
b) Total Pout (all 3 LEDs combined) must be 60mW minimum (greater than 60mW is fine).

My understanding is that itsu would offer his services as builder and tester for any circuit MH would come up with to go against Brad's circuit.
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

MileHigh

Brad:

Well, you get some Brownie points for being honest.  This business of running a small motor off of a capacitor is nothing more than a Robert Murray-Smith parlor trick.  He deserves a virtual beat down for that because from what I recall he made several clips seven or eight months ago where he makes an unsubstantiated claim of a capacitor size and the only thing he does in the clip is run a small motor.  I have no idea what he is doing more recently.

This was the death knell for RMS for me:  I told him politely that he made a totally whackadoo clip where he measured the current and he did not measure the voltage and he told me to piss off.  If he had apologized profusely for making such a stupid mistake and then redid a new clip then he would be doing the right thing - but he didn't.  Likewise, when I asked him for measurements to back up is claims about the capacitance of his devices he also told me to piss off.  If you noticed I also discussed some comments he made in the comment section of his clips where he is clueless.  I don't care what he is doing now, his credibility was destroyed for me seven months ago.  The ridiculous electric supercar press release makes the whole company look like a bunch of clowns.

QuoteWell if i had the urge to do that,then i would graph the voltage across a load resistor over time,and then calculate the energy dissipated.

Things related to this subject matter have been the topic of discussion for a long long time now.  Is that really the only thing you can offer up?  Where are your bench smarts?  Surely you can do better than that?  What about a real procedure to measure the capacitance of an unknown device and what about any other parameters?

MileHigh

MileHigh

Quote from: poynt99 on July 09, 2016, 10:09:20 AM
What is the challenge? Here's one:

1) 1.5V bench power source (not a battery)
2) 3 LED's (of agreed upon part number) in series.
3) The challenge: Light the 3 LED's with a circuit powered off the 1.5V supply. Correctly measure the input power (Pin from source) and output power (Pout power (total) dissipated by the 3 LED's). The highest Pout/Pin ratio wins.

Caveats:

a) The frequency of operation must be between 1kHz and 100kHz.
b) Total Pout (all 3 LEDs combined) must be 60mW minimum (greater than 60mW is fine).

My understanding is that itsu would offer his services as builder and tester for any circuit MH would come up with to go against Brad's circuit.

That all sounds fine and dandy except for the fact that if I wanted to do it I would need to work on a bench to iterate on a design.  Since I have no bench and no desire to do it, it's not going to happen.  I can't just put something on paper without testing it and iterating on it myself.

However, I admire the way you formulated the challenge, it makes great sense.  Something similar should be done for a pulse motor build-off to make it more interesting.  Or what you just stated is perfect for a Joule Thief build-off.

MileHigh