Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Building a jet engine for under $100.00

Started by TommeyLReed, December 03, 2015, 09:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommeyLReed

Hi LancaIV,

Interesting link, but for $100.00 I will try to build this jet engine with 50lb of thrust. The key is combustion chamber design and compress air pressure.

Tom

Paul-R

Quote from: TommeyLReed on December 03, 2015, 09:32:16 AM

My goal is to build a mini jet engine for testing different fuels for under $100.00.

When I was doing Mech Eng back in the 60s, my recollections of the theory of aerodynamics suggest to me that you have taken on the mother of all projects if you want to achieve any level of efficiency at all.

But I wish you well and will follow your progress.

TommeyLReed

Hi Paul-R,

Thanks you, many people don't realize just how simple things can be and yes it can be hard for many today to build a jet engine, but I'm in that group..

People are programmed into thinking it takes money and lots of formulas to build even the most simple project, I don't agree with any of them.

Formulas of aerodynamics can only go so far and yet many prototypes based on calculations fail due to the fact too many numbers just can't be calculated that ever adds up.

The key to any engine running on fuels is compression this includes jet engines.

I have no problem getting this jet engine to run, I also have more advanced ideas to increase fuel efficiency.

Thanks for your comments.

Tom

Paul-R

Quote from: TommeyLReed on December 03, 2015, 03:45:16 PM

The key is combustion chamber design and compress air pressure.

~Yes, and the angles of the compressor turbine blades as you go from root to tip, and for each disc stage.
i.e. the angle the air flows out of one stage must be the same as the angle it flows into the next stage, bearing in mind the adding of the speed of the rotor and the speed of the air.

You've no problems if you are happy with really crap fuel/power performance.

TommeyLReed

Hi All,

I been busy with work but I'm working on the diffuser for impeller and will be making a simple sand casting with scrap aluminum and mill it to my specs.

By the way I'm only $20 in this build with scrap and parts.

I should have the impeller diffuser done very soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2gJp4QLC8g

Tom