Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Accurate Measurements on pulsed system's harder than you think.

Started by tinman, December 09, 2015, 07:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seychelles

Works out to be the same a joule thief, because of dc pulsing visually more lumens
  when you connect the cap the pulse is filtered dc voltage  and current is higher but
the lamp show less light because there is no pulsing..light illusion . BUT a circuit diagram
will get me out of the bush..

seychelles

tinman

Quote from: seychelles on December 09, 2015, 09:59:20 AM
Works out to be the same a joule thief, because of dc pulsing visually more lumens
  when you connect the cap the pulse is filtered dc voltage  and current is higher but
. BUT a circuit diagram
will get me out of the bush..

First ,we are using an incandescent bulb-not an LED.

Quotethe lamp show less light because there is no pulsing..light illusion

yes,your eyes can be fooled with LED's,but incandescent bulbs do not work that way.
What if we use a solar panel to measure light output--can a solar panel be fooled like your eyes can?
So we shall see.

centraflow

The resistance R of the bulb will change as it heats up. Raising V will cause I to increase, creating heat which will change R untill it reaches it's stable temperature

My 2p worth

Regards

Mike 8)

verpies

Quote from: tinman on December 09, 2015, 07:59:10 AM
In this thread,i will show you that using a CVR and scope will not always lead to accurate measurements. I mentioned some time back,that using resistors(CVR's) dose not always give accurate result's,and in some system's your scope could be leading you up the garden path.
Yes, an inductive CVR can lead you up the garden path.
Non-inductive CSRs (CVRs) do not lead up the garden path.

Quote from: tinman on December 09, 2015, 09:30:56 AM
OK,here is the first video,and i am off to make the second.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfqvIjABXZ8
In this video you seem to be using a wirewound CVR that is inductive.

Also, the light bulb has a coiled filament which makes it inductive - maybe that amount of inductance does not matter at these frequencies but it will at higher ones.
I recommend automotive dome light bulbs with straight filament, which are not inductive and are much better candidates for power measurement via optical coupling to the photovoltaic cell.

P.S.
Could you draw a schematic of your setup?  It can be on a sheet of paper or a mouse-scrach in MS-Paint.
It is hard to follow even that amount of wires from the video ...especially at high zoom.