Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

All Permanent-Magnet Complete Levitation

Started by guest1289, December 26, 2015, 03:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest1289

If any all Permanent-Magnet Complete Levitation design works,  it would obviously contravene 'Earnshaw's-Theorem' .

All of the  'Permanent-Magnet Complete Levitation'  designs  I am posting here,   use arrays of small-magnets( spaced apart from each other),  to repel away,   from much larger flat-magnetic-surfaces .
     -  I think,  that this is actually a way to contravene  'Earnshaw's-Theorem' .
     -  I also think that this may simulate how diamagnetic-levition functions at a microscopic level .

Below,  in the diagram called  'CUBE FLOATING INSIDE A LARGER CUBE',  not only am I using the arrays of small-magnets( spaced apart from each other),  to repel away,   from much larger flat magnetic-surfaces,    I have also removed the magnetic-edges( and magnetic-corners ) normally present in previous attempts to float a cube inside a cube( which I think is why other peoples attempts have failed ) .

[  NOTE : In diagrams 'CUBE FLOATING INSIDE A LARGER CUBE'  and  'CYLINDER FLOATING IN A HALF-CYLINDER',   no 'magnetic-array' forms magnetic-edges( and magnetic-corners ) with another magnetic-array .
          (   the small-magnets( in the arrays ) on the Floating-Objects,  are spaced away from the other 'arrays',  in order to prevent forming magnetic-edges( and magnetic-corners )   ]

Below,  in the diagram called 'CYLINDER FLOATING IN A HALF-CYLINDER',  I was unable to remove all of the magnetic-edges( and magnetic-corners ) because it would have taken too much time and effort to draw it correctly (  so, the half-cylinder should have it's magnetic-edges( and magnetic-corners ) removed just like the larger-cube in the diagram called  'CUBE FLOATING INSIDE A LARGER CUBE' ).

sm0ky2

There is a great divide between Earnshaw's Theorem, and its' interpretation.

What the Theorem clearly states, is that, in accordance to both Gauss's Law, and Laplace's Equation:
Is that any "permanent magnetic" levitation, will result in perpetual motion.

This is a direct result of the atomic interactions during the magnetic moment, which causes the force-vector to head towards
the magnetic source. Since there are multiple sources, each vector heading towards the  center of each source.....
There is always in unstable force in one direction or another.

Furthermore, the theorem proves that all of the atoms' magnetic moments cannot occur at the same time, otherwise they would repel each other,
disintegrating the magnetic material. They must, therefore, occur at different times, thus the force vector is constantly changing.

What modern-day scientists take this to mean is:: there is always an instability, that prevents perfect levitation.
     This is not necessarily true. As proven by Dr  Don Herbert (Mr Wizard) in the 1950's, when he invented the principals that make the MagLev Train possible.

Today - we use an electromagnet for the Trains, because the perfectly symmetrical magnets he used are expensive.
Ordinary magnets have tiny variances that make the train move to one side of the track or another at random places and causes technical problems.
   This by no means indicates that using permanent magnets for levitation is impossible, or even difficult to achieve.

I myself have had several objects levitated for vast amounts of time, purely by magnetic force, without any constraints, tethers, or framework.
all within exact accordance with Earnshaw's Theorem. There was, in fact, a motion within the magnetic field.
I cannot personally, discount any or all wind, ambient changes in the magnetic field, physical vibration of the framework or surface it sits upon.
therefore, I can't say definitively, that all motion was a result of Earnshawnian motion.
However, it becomes clear in ANY permanent-magnetic levitation situation, that there is always motion.
Motion, which can often breach magnetic barriers causing the levitation to fail, or the levitating object to move outside of the boundaries.

Simply put, Earnshaw;s Theorem states that, WHEN permanent magnetic levitation occurs,- It cannot be perfectly balanced. (i.e. - without motion)

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

MagnaProp

I wouldn't worry to much about Earnshaw's-Theorem. Even if the levitation has movement that was almost impossible to perceive with the naked eye, it sounds like it would still satisfy his theorem since even small movement is movement.

I haven't looked at your particular device to closely yet but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I've seen these magnetic "tractor beams" from which I don't see why you couldn't make a levitating device. How they work looks simple to me. bowl of small magnets with one large one at the bottom of the bowl should levitate a magnet in the bowl just fine. The large magnet at the bottom of the bowl would attract your floating ball and the little magnets in the bowl repel the floating ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7RXOhfsjDA

guest1289

When I look at my diagram of the Magnetic-Sled( LARGE-FLAT-MAGNET FLOATING ON ARRAY.JPG,  posted on this thread ), gliding over arrays of tiny magnets spaced apart from each other,  I start to wonder if that, or a different version,   could function as a  magnet-motor,  especially if it was arranged in a suitable circle. 
      And,  any other,  very visibly,  'constantly unstable'  all-permanent-magnet-full-levitation  device,  could get close to perpetual-motion,  assuming the instability is not from weather/external-vibrations .

Nink

Quote from: sm0ky2 on December 28, 2015, 01:19:21 AM

I myself have had several objects levitated for vast amounts of time, purely by magnetic force, without any constraints, tethers, or framework.
all within exact accordance with Earnshaw's Theorem. There was, in fact, a motion within the magnetic field

I think we would all like to see some photos or video of your designs @sm0ky   I have played with permanent magnets for years but never had a chance to play  with diamagnetic materials to do permanent magnet levitation.  I believe this is an exciting area and I have been meaning to buy some Bismuth and melt it down and have a play.  I think we all know how we can get a permanent magnet to levitate, We could do this in a vacuum quite easily.  We could put copper around that vacuum chamber.  We could spin the magnet in that chamber....