Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Quick Question regarding tesla coil voltage multiplication

Started by pomodoro, January 19, 2016, 05:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pomodoro

Hey guys, I'm working on some replications of the Chernetskii device and need to clarify the theory regarding resonance and voltage multiplication in a tesla coil. I know that in a tesla coil multiplies the voltage not just  by the turns ratio of primary to secondary but also by the sqrt of inductance ratios.  My question is, does this hold for undamped input to the primary as well, or just for a  damped wave at the primary?
In other words a continuous oscillator at the primary LC but no spark gap. Same voltage for oscillator  as that which the capacitor would have reached when the gap would have fired for the traditional version. Obviously much more power would be available from the oscillator version since there would be no diminishing  peaks in the primary  (damping) as in the spark gap design.

TinselKoala

Yes. Look up DRSSTC (dual resonant solid state Tesla coil).

pomodoro

Thanks TK, it made a good read. Somehow I had not come across DRSSTCs before. Seems like they were invented in the last decade or so. Cheers