Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How does a rocket work in a vacuum

Started by Nink, January 26, 2016, 10:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nink

Quote from: citfta on January 27, 2016, 11:13:30 AM
Nink

The formula for force is Mass times Velocity.  No where in that formula does it say anything about pushing against something else.  And you totally ignored my suggestion for a simple test to prove this to yourself.  If throwing a cardboard brick shape does not move you the same as throwing a real brick then that proves that pushing against air has nothing to do with it.  As the formula says, it is mass times velocity that gives the force.

Carroll with 2 rs and 2 ls

Hi Carroll

I can assure you F=MA  Please check google

pomodoro

Gases are like balls with space between them. They need to bounce back to the rocket from air collisions to push it according to your theory.Only if the air was solid stiff  and same for the flame gases would this theory work as solids can transfer forces.
In reality the gas from the flames is detached from the rocked because gas molecules have great distances between them. Whether it hits a wall or the air , it has no way of communicating any momentum back to the rocket. Because of its great velocity it will not bounce back from any collisions with the air as only hot exhaust gases directed away from the rocket are near the exhaust.

Nink

Quote from: pomodoro on January 27, 2016, 11:47:55 AM
Gases are like balls with space between them. They need to bounce back to the rocket from air collisions to push it according to your theory.Only if the air was solid stiff  and same for the flame gases would this theory work as solids can transfer forces.
In reality the gas from the flames is detached from the rocked because gas molecules have great distances between them. Whether it hits a wall or the air , it has no way of communicating any momentum back to the rocket. Because of its great velocity it will not bounce back from any collisions with the air as only hot exhaust gases directed away from the rocket are near the exhaust.

The Gas molecules from the rocket may have a great distance from each other but the molecules in the atmosphere that they collide with do not. In the absence of an atmosphere in the infinite vacuum of space gas molecules will never collide with anything. They will just continue to move outwards. As they do not have anything to collide with there is no increase in pressure inside the combustion chamber or outside in the atmosphere. As the gas molecules heat up and expand they will simply exit the combustion chamber without a force to push against.  This is the free expansion of gas. During free expansion no actual work is done as there is no opposing force so there is no pressure that would result in the creation of work.

lumen

Nink:

The gas IS the mass.
The FASTER you can expel it the harder it pushes the rocket.
The MORE gas you expel the harder it pushes the rocket.

Nothing else is required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXAil8GIUNs

citfta

It does appear that you are really not interested in how a rocket can work in space.  You only want to try and convince others it can't.  Sorry, but I am not going to fall for that and I don't think anyone else will either.  I am done here.

Carroll