Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Thai upward siphon replication

Started by Cherryman, June 19, 2017, 03:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherryman

Hi all. so i tried to replicate a Thai bush gadget, they use to elevate water only with gravity,speed and (negative ) pressure.

Thai pump in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1bhPySQG9M

My first attempted failed, my barrel imploded. : (
Thats bad, but also promising, it takes a lot of force to implode a barrel.  I Had unfortunately to refill it standing to undo the dents.

Anyone knows the best way to strengthen the barrel?  I do not have a lit, only the two caps as openings.

Low-Q

Actually, it takes little effort to implode a barrel. The slightest vacuum will cause several kg pressure difference between inside and outside.
As an example, a small diesel pump was attached to a 50m^3 round diesel tank, made of steel. The tank imploded without the pump working harder. The cause was that the tank was not vented properly to let air go in as the diesel went out.
The surface of a barrel is approx 1.5m^2. That is 15 000 kg of pressure if you suck all the air out. A pressure of 0.99 bar, 0.01 bar below atmospheric pressure is 150 kg difference in total force acting on the walls of the barrel.
You need massive reinforcements to keep the barrel round even at very little vacuum.

Vidar

Cherryman

Quote from: Low-Q on June 20, 2017, 09:47:05 AM
Actually, it takes little effort to implode a barrel. The slightest vacuum will cause several kg pressure difference between inside and outside.
As an example, a small diesel pump was attached to a 50m^3 round diesel tank, made of steel. The tank imploded without the pump working harder. The cause was that the tank was not vented properly to let air go in as the diesel went out.
The surface of a barrel is approx 1.5m^2. That is 15 000 kg of pressure if you suck all the air out. A pressure of 0.99 bar, 0.01 bar below atmospheric pressure is 150 kg difference in total force acting on the walls of the barrel.
You need massive reinforcements to keep the barrel round even at very little vacuum.

Vidar

Tnx Vidar, I will take that on board.