Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Fourth Fundamental Passive Circuit Element

Started by gravityblock, March 02, 2016, 12:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

Quote from: Nink on March 05, 2016, 02:43:30 PM
Exactly as I expected some out of work folks who lost their jobs after the DARPA project finished up and wasted 10 years of their  life on memristors begging for money  to continue the project on obsolete tech.  Maybe you will prove me wrong in 10 years and they will find some suckers and burn through another $40M to reach 3200 Synapse by 2025 in accordance with Moores law but I highly doubt it.

The co-creator of DARPA SyNAPSE is the founder of Knowm, and he didn't lose his job after the DARPA SyNAPSE program finished.  He was awarded government contracts to further develop the technology after the DARPA project finished, which he co-created.

Alex Nugent ---> Knowm ---> DARPA SyNAPSE ---> Alex Nugent / Knowm ---> Government contracts awarded to and commercialization of memristors through Knowm.

Memristors are necessary for the continuation of Moores law in computing.  This continuation of Moores law in computing is contrary to your unreferenced 3200 Synapses by 2025 with memristors.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Nink

Quote from: gravityblock on March 05, 2016, 03:16:38 PM
The co-creator of DARPA SyNAPSE is the founder of Knowm, and he didn't lose his job after the DARPA SyNAPSE program finished.  He was awarded government contracts to further develop the technology after the DARPA project finished, which he co-created.

Alex Nugent ---> Knowm ---> DARPA SyNAPSE ---> Alex Nugent / Knowm ---> Government contracts awarded to and commercialization of memristors through Knowm.

Memristors are necessary for the continuation of Moores law in computing.  This continuation of Moores law in computing is contrary to your unreferenced 3200 Synapses by 2025 with memristors.

Gravock

Sorry I thought you knew how to count.  Here is moores law doubling every 2 years. 

2015 100 Synapse
2017 200 Synapse
2019 400 Synapse
2021 800 Synapse
2023 1600 Synapse
2025 3200 Synapse

gravityblock

Quote from: Nink on March 05, 2016, 03:21:11 PM
Sorry I thought you new how to count.  Here is moores law doubling every 2 years. 

2015 100 Synapse
2017 200 Synapse
2019 400 Synapse
2021 800 Synapse
2023 1600 Synapse
2025 3200 Synapse

Wrong, memristors is necessary for the continuation of Moores law in computing, and 3200 Synapses by 2025 with memristors isn't a continuation of Moores law in computing.  For one, your 3200 synapses by 2025 is based on the 100 synapses created by the university students in 2015.  The 100 synapses created by the students was a proof of concept and in no way represented Moores law for memristors in 2015.  The students could have easily created 1000 synapses in their lab.  100 synapses was all that was required for their proof of concept.

Gravock
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Nink

Then why didn't they create 1000 Synapses. I will tell you why because it doesn't scale, the fact they managed to squeeze 100 Synapse on single die is quite impressive and the only reason they achieved it was because they had an out of work ex HP memristor research employee who had to take on a teaching role and used this for further development on a project that he no longer had funding for.

BTW I see you did not address the fact that no one is actually funding memristors.  There are just a bunch of people looking for funding but no one actually funding development so as I keep saying even 3200 is optimistic at best.   I am looking for funding to build a cold fusion reactor, it does not mean it will actually work it just means I am just looking for funding.

gravityblock

Quote from: Nink on March 05, 2016, 04:29:19 PM
Then why didn't they create 1000 Synapses. I will tell you why because it doesn't scale, the fact they managed to squeeze 100 Synapse on single die is quite impressive and the only reason they achieved it was because they had an out of work ex HP memristor research employee who had to take on a teaching role and used this for further development on a project that he no longer had funding for.

BTW I see you did not address the fact that no one is actually funding memristors.  There are just a bunch of people looking for funding but no one actually funding development so as I keep saying even 3200 is optimistic at best.   I am looking for funding to build a cold fusion reactor, it does not mean it will actually work it just means I am just looking for funding.

They didn't create 1000 snyapses because only 100 was needed for their proof of concept.  You don't build two houses if you're only going to utilize 1 house.

Funding for memristors is now being funneled into Known in the form of government contracts and commercialization (taxation) and profits for further research and development.  In other-words, the taxpayer is funding memristors through government contracts and profits from consumer purchases.

Gravock