Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Anyone tried replicating the easy LENR video below?

Started by pomodoro, March 12, 2016, 06:19:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gyulasun

Quote from: ramset on March 12, 2016, 07:32:49 AM
Have you been able to find the original Link to the Vid ?
it would be good to read his questions and answers too ?

Thx
Chet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wENFciq1-Q

pomodoro

Cheers for the link Gyula.
I need to figure out how to do this with no errors in calculations.
Initially heat loss to the environment from the solution at 60c needs to be measured. Call this Eloss.
Then we work out the heat supplied by the arc. Earc
The temp is allowed to raise by say 5 degrees. We work out the heat required. E1.
According to the video E1>Eloss+Earc.
So already there is OU.
Then there is the problem of the missing water. Really the apparatus needs to trap any mist coming off. This is not boiled off  water but nebulized droplets.  To avoid other calculations the process needs to be done at constant volume, enclosed. In that case all heat of evaporation is returned as heat of condensation and there is no pdV work from any gas/vapour. The heat from the plasma should burn any hydrogen formed at the cathode, keeping the pressure stable and avoiding the electrolysis calculation.
In essence, all electric input should have gone into heating the liquid. I need to double check the thermodynamics of this  but let me know if anyone sees any flaw with this .

Paul-R

I have trouble with videos. What are the numbers for heat in and out?

Nink

Quote from: pomodoro on March 12, 2016, 06:19:07 AM
There is a pretty good video on the playlist of OU.com currently. Looks very simple to replicate. The water temp apparently rises more than it should. Anyone know of replications that either worked or failed? Seems like all you need is a tungsten welding rod, lye, water, thermometer, multimeter, 80v, and an insulated cup

Dissolving Sodium Hydroxide in water is an exothermic reaction.  If he had just stuck NAoH and H20 in a thermos and closed the lid the water temperature would have gone up 2 to 3 degrees without all the theatrics.  Just another  OU Scam video.

I posted about this here.  http://overunity.com/12281/open-source-cold-fusion-replication-plans-now-available/msg476480/#msg476480

pomodoro

Nick it doesn't matter if NaOH dissolved in water is exothermic. The temp rise is measured afterwards, only from the time the plasma is started. Once dissolved it will not keep heating the water, only the electrical power in can do that, or any exothermic chemical reactions, such as the tungsten reacting. Hot W will react with water to form WO2 and H2, which should burn. Need to check the enthalpy for the above reaction.

This link has a pretty good paper from Japan. They only took heating of the water into consideration.
http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MizunoTproduction.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiGwNjEt7zLAhWlxqYKHQJhDVMQFggdMAE&usg=AFQjCNHd-P28pPQg1zmaIKaLAZZPZB7RuA