Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Lewin's NCF Experiment and Lecture

Started by poynt99, April 24, 2016, 10:20:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinman

Quote from: poynt99 on May 01, 2016, 09:01:46 AM
OK Brad, no problem.

What is your prediction for the wire segments?

And sorry, your prediction AND measurement for the voltage across points D and A was/is correct.

I believe that it should be 0 as seen it the test with the wires running along side the resistor connector wire,but something is telling me that that will not be the case.

In all this(so far) dose this not make Lewins claim correct?,as we do not have 0 volts across the resistors as Kirchhoff would suggest.

Brad

poynt99

I'm not going to give you the answer (I know the answer), just curious what your thoughts were.

Perform the measurement and let's see what it is.
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

tinman

Well oddly enough,i get around 400mV across the bottom wire,and around 400mV across the top wire.

This was with the duel cable going to the scope probe vertical to the resistor loop,as in the other tests.

Why the two are different?-i have no idea,but i carried out the test many times on each wire,and the results were always the same.

Brad

poynt99

Quote from: tinman on May 02, 2016, 09:01:07 AM
Well oddly enough,i get around 400mV across the bottom wire,and around 400mV across the top wire.
;) It is not 0V as most would seem to expect/guess.

Why the two are different?-i have no idea,but i carried out the test many times on each wire,and the results were always the same.

Brad
Do you mean why in the first case the measurement was 0V on each wire segment, and in this last case the sum is close to the calibration emf?

I was hoping you would have put it all together, as you've done quite well so far. Isn't this just a step-down transformer? We have 50 to 100 turns on the primary, and one turn on the secondary, loaded with a resistance of R1+R2.

You are measuring the actual emf induced in the secondary loop because the measurement device is decoupled from the primary (and secondary). That is why the measurements are different.

Now as a final step, use your vertical probe to go around measuring the 4 components (R1-->wire_seg-->R2-->wire_seg) in serial fashion following the current path and write the voltage down for each. If performed correctly, two measurements will be positive and two negative in polarity (the two resistors will be one polarity, and the two wire segments will be the other polarity). Add the 4 values together and you should be left with something close to 0V.
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

tinman

Quote from: poynt99 on May 02, 2016, 10:59:39 AM
;) It is not 0V as most would seem to expect/guess.
Do you mean why in the first case the measurement was 0V on each wire segment, and in this last case the sum is close to the calibration emf?

I was hoping you would have put it all together, as you've done quite well so far. Isn't this just a step-down transformer? We have 50 to 100 turns on the primary, and one turn on the secondary, loaded with a resistance of R1+R2.

You are measuring the actual emf induced in the secondary loop because the measurement device is decoupled from the primary (and secondary). That is why the measurements are different.

Now as a final step, use your vertical probe to go around measuring the 4 components (R1-->wire_seg-->R2-->wire_seg) in serial fashion following the current path and write the voltage down for each. If performed correctly, two measurements will be positive and two negative in polarity (the two resistors will be one polarity, and the two wire segments will be the other polarity). Add the 4 values together and you should be left with something close to 0V.

Yes,the sum equals 0,but what has that to do with what Lewin claims?.
We can sum up voltages around any circuit to equal 0 if we measure from certain points using certain polarities.

It would seem to me that Lewins claim is correct,when measuring across the two resistors,as the sum is not 0,it is the induced 1volt EMF in this case,being the total across each resistor.
If we have a current flow,then we are not measuring just the E filed,but the EM field.
If it were just the E field,then Kirchhoff law may hold,in that the measuring was carried out incorrectly. But as we also have current flow,and a magnetic field,then it would seem to me that Kirchhoff's law dose not hold in this situation.

Brad