Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

MH's ideal coil and voltage question

Started by tinman, May 08, 2016, 04:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Can a voltage exist across an ideal inductor that has a steady DC current flowing through it

yes it can
5 (25%)
no it cannot
11 (55%)
I have no idea
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

allcanadian

@Magneticists
Quoteseems a reasonable deduction that follows logic. welcome to the club of having no idea.

Logically, the fact that I expressed my idea here indicates I must have one and the presumption that just because my idea may not agree with yours that it's incorrect is false. However I have no indication that you have any idea which is why grown ups need to use "their words" and convey what they mean in an intelligent manner... such as technical debate on the issue at hand.

AC

Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

poynt99

Brad,

Here are two small but significant hints:

1) brush up on what it means mathematically when any number is divided by 0 (don't assume you are correct, verify it).

2) MH's question is regarding what happens at t=0, i.e. the instant the Vsource is connected (MH, please confirm).
question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

Magneticitist

Quote from: allcanadian on May 08, 2016, 02:45:22 PM
@Magneticists

Logically, the fact that I expressed my idea here indicates I must have one and the presumption that just because my idea may not agree with yours that it's incorrect is false. However I have no indication that you have any idea which is why grown ups need to use "their words" and convey what they mean in an intelligent manner... such as technical debate on the issue at hand.

AC

Well said

MileHigh

Poynt:

Here is the question again:

<<<
You have an ideal voltage source and an ideal coil of 5 Henrys.  At time t=0 seconds the coil connects to the ideal voltage source. For three seconds the voltage is 4 volts.  Then for the next two seconds the voltage is zero volts. Then for two seconds the voltage is negative three volts, and then for the next six seconds the voltage is 0.5 volts.  Then after that the voltage is zero volts.

What happens starting from t=0.
>>>

So the time frame is from 0 seconds to "beyond 13 seconds."

MileHigh

Magneticitist

Quote from: poynt99 on May 08, 2016, 02:53:57 PM
Brad,

Here are two small but significant hints:

1) brush up on what it means mathematically when any number is divided by 0 (don't assume you are correct, verify it).

2) MH's question is regarding what happens at t=0, i.e. the instant the Vsource is connected (MH, please confirm).

OK look I have to ask you out of genuine respect for this conversation.. How did you come to ask Brad those questions? In the beginning of this thread he stated:

"My answer to this question is--you cannot place an ideal voltage across an ideal inductor.
The reason being,at T=0,when the ideal voltage is placed across the ideal inductor,the current would rise instantly to a value of infinity."

with his own words he said he understands that MH's T=0 was in reference to the initial connection of the vsource.

the issue is an ideal source being placed across 0 resistance. whether it's a coil or straight wire doesn't really matter in this context.

to answer the question of what happens the very instant the ideal vsource is connected to the ideal coil?
T=0  THE VOLTAGE CONNECTS TO THE COIL, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS.