Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The railgun revisited

Started by broli, June 27, 2016, 04:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low-Q

Sure the magnet is the dominant magnetic field. From 5A and single winding "coil" it does not produce much magtism. So little it cannot make the rod roll, but the tiny magnetic field is "grabbed" by the stronger field from the magnet. That is demonstrated when you swap polarity on the powersupply.

How are you using coils instead for this experiment?

Vidar

broli

See below image for the next experiment. The reason why I performed the wide rail experiment was to lead up to this experiment and more.

So the next question is will the coil move or not? Again considering the magnet array is long enough.

broli

Recently I have been playing around with this concept again and I believe I have discovered something interesting that I have not seen before here or anywhere.

Most are familliar with the "Laplace Rail" experiment, for the unfamiliar please watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Z-FHfs7tg

This can also be used to show an induced voltage when the rail is moved by hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TB2mnfR4Qo

This so far is all well understood behavior. However an interesting question arises now; What happens if you remove all magnets below the rails and stick a single magnet to the moving rod, so the magnet now moves with the rod:

A) No voltage is induced because the magnet is moving with the conductor
B) A voltage is induced just like when the magnets were stationary below the rails
C) A voltage is induced but with opposite sign

I did this experiment and know the results but it's interesting to see what you guys might guess because it gets much more interesting then that.

broli

Well the answer seems to be a mix of A and B. In the following experiment you see the reversibility of the induced voltage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yny1mkUpUks

This seems to indicate the a voltage is induced even if the magnet and conductor are moving together.