Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

neon sign transformer confusion

Started by Tesluh, October 25, 2016, 12:08:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magluvin

Quote from: mscoffman on November 15, 2016, 12:07:06 AM
The reason for the CT center tapped ground in the neon transformers is so there is always +4KV or -4KV from each neon light pole/probe to ground. That way if you accidently
touch between eighter probe of the neon bulb and ground you get only a max of 4K volts rather than the whole 8K volts/nothing.  There shouldn't be any reason you can't design
Don Smith RF circuit to be ungrounded/balanced then in the final transformer secondary have it become ground referenced again.

Ah, so maybe the spark gap is too high of a voltage breakdown and thats why he isnt getting spark when the yel wire is used.

Mags

Tesluh

the last time I connected to the green wire without spark gap it ruined the output of the nst.  I think it shorted some wires in the transformer.  not an option as far as I can tell for getting this circuit to function. 

Tesluh

trying the "tesla coil approach" and found a brand new 60hz steel outdoor nst that has an external gfci (not potted in resin).  Going to do some tests with it and see if it can be used as the power supply.