Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Why Over-Unity is Possible

Started by pauldude000, November 16, 2016, 09:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaIV

http://translationportal.epo.org/emtp/translate/?ACTION=description-retrieval&COUNTRY=DE&ENGINE=google&FORMAT=docdb&KIND=A1&LOCALE=en_EP&NUMBER=19706659&OPS=ops.epo.org/3.2&SRCLANG=de&TRGLANG=en

I = 13,8 mA und U = 3 V                                Zugkräfte= traction forces about f.e. 1.000 N

Hubkraft =  lifting    force ?

For the above concept instead /or with battery  a thermocouple/thermopile arrangement to get the high magnetic field force :
http://translationportal.epo.org/emtp/translate/?ACTION=description-retrieval&COUNTRY=DE&ENGINE=google&FORMAT=docdb&KIND=A1&LOCALE=en_EP&NUMBER=102004020962&OPS=ops.epo.org/3.2&SRCLANG=de&TRGLANG=en

bitbo

Quote from: MT on November 17, 2016, 10:55:54 AM
I hope we can agree that kinetic energy of the sack at the ground will be smaller comparing to the normal fall  from the same height as magnet slows down the fall.
Yes, everyone here should agree !

Quote from: MT on November 17, 2016, 10:55:54 AM[/size]Now, where is this energy difference lost?
Gravity performed work.
So did magnet preventing fall at the beginning.
So who paid for this "slowdown"? Marcel
You gained a "speedup" when attaching the bullets ti the magnet!
(the magnet "liftet" the bullets the last centimeter - your hand did not need to lift the bullets the last centimeter)

Just my 2 cents [/size]

memoryman

As i said, get your units straight.
"It is accelerating upwards at equal or greater speed than gravity is accelerating it downwards, as the brass weight demonstrated. What this means is that the relative motion of the magnet is equal to or greater than 9.18 Ms/s." you meant : 9.18 m/s^2.
The magnet is attracted to the plate by an force > than g; the plate exerts a downward force so that the magnet remains motionless. The magnet does not move wrt the plate.

MT

Quote from: bitbo on November 18, 2016, 07:26:20 AM
You gained a "speedup" when attaching the bullets ti the magnet!
(the magnet "liftet" the bullets the last centimeter - your hand did not need to lift the bullets the last centimeter)

Yes, just this is another typical physics answer. A magnetic object in a magnetic field is somehow "precharged" to energy needed to get it out of there. Similarly in gravitation field an object at height h is somehow "precharged" to potential energy equals mgh. Using those concepts energy is conserved, there is no gain, total sum is zero.
But still gravity or magnetism can and does perform work. Where it gets it energy from? I can lift bullets to the bucket at ceiling but i need calories for this work. Then last centimeter is lifted by magnet. Eventually bucket will detach and fall down by gravity doing work. Did gravity or magnet got weaker by working? apparently not. Did they got energy for foing this from the teoretical physical concepts so it all fits the conservation law? This is hard to believe.
So what is the source that provides for gravity force that can perform infinite amounts of work?

pauldude000

Quote from: memoryman on November 18, 2016, 08:16:33 AM
As i said, get your units straight.
"It is accelerating upwards at equal or greater speed than gravity is accelerating it downwards, as the brass weight demonstrated. What this means is that the relative motion of the magnet is equal to or greater than 9.18 Ms/s." you meant : 9.18 m/s^2.
The magnet is attracted to the plate by an force > than g; the plate exerts a downward force so that the magnet remains motionless. The magnet does not move wrt the plate.

Actually, where my error comes in is saying 9.18 instead of 9.81 (9.806 to be more correct) Meters per second, per second. (Often referred to as s^2). Your reference and quote of my words in response to your claim of my units being incorrect was specifically concerning using Joules for work. Since Joules are the standard measurement of work, you were wrong. I did make an error, but you didn't even catch it.

Now, you are basically using the classic teachers work explanation model of the hypothetical waiter's tray. Once lifted to a position it requires no work to keep it in that position. However, anyone but a high-school level physics grad knows that such an example carries a caveat, in that it is true only if no other force is acting upon the tray. In our case, and in a real world case even considering the waiter's tray, this force is gravity. That type of purely mechanistic scenario ONLY deals with inertia and only works if the waiter can remove his support from the tray and it remains motionless (say on some spaceship sufficiently far from a significant source of gravity) which demonstrates no work is necessary to maintain the position of said tray.

This type of 'work' is often referred to stupidly as 'negative work', in that it is a matter of philosophy that someone had to invent such a silly notion, all because of an inherently badly worded and misleading moronic base definition. However, there is logically only work.

By the way, who cares if the magnet moves in relation to the plate? A drunk driver is not moving relative to the car that he used to smash through a brick wall, but that proves exactly the same thing as your example -- nothing. The plate is not the issue. Gravity and the magnetic force acting upon the mass of the magnet are the issue. The only purpose for the plate  in the scenario is that it will give the magnetic field something to pull against. The scenario could be easily modified by stating that the field of the magnet is capable of lifting only the 5g mass of the magnet, and your notation becomes irrelevant anyway, since the weight of the magnet itself cancels out any supposed pressure applied by the plate.
Finding truth can be compared to panning for gold. It generally entails sifting a huge amount of material for each nugget found. Then checking each nugget found for valuable metal or fool's gold.