Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Earth Energy Batteries

Started by FreeEnergy, April 20, 2005, 08:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce A. Perreault

Yes, there does exist an alloy that does not corrode as fast as zinc. It is a zinc/aluminum alloy that I use in my ion-valve diodes to
generate electrical power. Is anyone paying attention?

-Bruce P.

Kysmett

Paying attention?.....raptly....

Bruce, it occurs to me that your alloy might be applicable to the earth bateries, but does slower corrosion in an earth context mean less current? 

The oxidation is a byproduct of ion exchange is it not?  and so the rates of both must be related.  Do you have any energy value to oxidation rate numbers?  I also understand that the alloy you use is not the only unique thing about your bateries, so it would stand to reason (which is why I hesitated to jump to the conclusion above) that just because it works in your case, might not mean that it is more suitable for other applications where your other materials are not used.  Thanks for bringing my attention to this.

Again, in the absence of your battery system, would your alloy in a simple burried configuration allow for a better earth battery, or does the reticense to oxydation indicate a slower transfer of current?

Thanks Bruce

Bruce A. Perreault

Kysmett,

I do believe that there is something that goes beyond oxidation. The alloy and graphite couple forms a diode and whatever energy oscillations that are occuring at the junction muust be rectified. It is correct that my ion-valve diode offers a very good environment to produce an optinum amount of electrical current but the chosen alloy/graphite couple should also work well buried in the ground if what you are after is an earth battery.

-Bruce P.

Kysmett

Bruce,

I wonder, do you have any extra sets of these?  I would be more than willing to perform analysis of current versus decomposition when used as an earth battery.  I would, of course, be willing to use whatever burried configuration you think would be optimal, if that is of significance at all.  And I can compare it to the decomposition rates of standard copper/zinc earth batteries.  It would be a simple matter of total power/change in weght.

Thinking about this further, the oxidation of different materials would result in dissimilar wieght changes for the same unit of oxidation.  So in this light I propose that we discuss a setup that would present a fair comparative study.  Once we finalize this we can talk about getting it done.  I admit that I want to look in this direction for answers, but the more I think about it the more difficult it is for me to nail down how to conduct a fair study.  After all, it comes down to unit per molecule oxidized doesn't it, which would be misrepresented by weight, as zinc is heavier than graphite, which is different from any other alloy chosen. 

Any ideas?

Kysmett

betajim

Hi Kysmett,

The way I would go about analyzing this is the cost per watt-hour. The only hard part
is to decide what is the lowest useful cell voltage (i.e. the voltage where you stop
measurements). Since a resistive load can be used, the power calculations are easy.

If you build an earth battery let me know. I will help with measurements. To bad my
landlord won't let me dig up the yard!

--
Everyone click on an ad!