Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Tesla coils back to back.

Started by antimony, February 17, 2017, 08:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antimony

Hi, i am reading Kellys book, chapter 3, page 157 where he describes someone that have used two TC´s to power loads, and doing the regular stuff. It sounds interesting as i am starting to make my first Tesla coil ever.

Anybody know more about this, or have perhaps tried it yourselves?

Cherryman

Quote from: antimony on February 17, 2017, 08:57:07 AM
Hi, i am reading Kellys book, chapter 3, page 157 where he describes someone that have used two TC´s to power loads, and doing the regular stuff. It sounds interesting as i am starting to make my first Tesla coil ever.

Anybody know more about this, or have perhaps tried it yourselves?

I know of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQG8RmS8gdg

dieter

Kelly's book is a nice read, but don't expect all the promesis to be true.

I enjoyed the optimized joule thief plans. Also the links to 555 schematics.

There was a claim, widely disputed, that you can pickup a tesla coils field without back emf, so basicly you could put a ring of tesla coils around the first one and use that induced current at no cost.

But I guess that would be without the connecting wire at the top.

antimony

I am trying to get into TC basics now, and i have wound my first small TC secondary today, and i will try to get into tuning a bit now.

When i first started reading Kellys book i was sceptical, and then i became sold, then sceptical again back and forth. It seems like it is a good source of information thou.

shylo

I think Tesla used the magnetic reactions of the bi-filar coil to create a rebounding field.
But it has to be timed or it won't work.
I've had coils bouncing all over the place, just by hooking them to shorting brushes on the commutator.
The trick is the timing.
You have to figure out when to use it.
Sorry just on a bit of a rant tonight.
artv