Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Investigating the claims of member Synchro 1

Started by ramset, April 08, 2017, 03:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: ramset on April 09, 2017, 12:11:29 PM
here is one unanswered question from Synchro

Which way does current flow in a Ruhmkopff Secondary Coil when the current's interrupted in the primary and can you define "Negative Current"?

That strawman "question" has been asked and answered, several times already, and the answer is fully contained in Faraday's Law of Induction and Lenz's Law:

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electric/farlaw.html

And current is the flow of charge. Whether you want to call it "negative" or "positive" depends entirely on your reference point and your conventions. In England people drive cars on the left side of the road from the perspective of the driver looking forward. This is a convention. If a passenger is facing rearwards, the car is driving on the right side of the road from the passenger's perspective. This is a reference point. "Conventional" current direction is a result of a "guess" made by Benjamin Franklin, before it was understood that the electron is actually the carrier of what we call (reference point) the unit _negative_ charge, and it is this negative charge that flows in metal wires in an electric circuit. So we are stuck with Franklin's convention, or guess, that current flows from the Positive pole of a battery to the Negative pole, when in fact we now know that _charge_ actually flows the other way, from the pole or position that has an excess of negative charge, to the place or pole which has an excess of positive charge (which is really a _shortage_ of negative charge in almost every case.) Convention and reference point.

Faraday's law tells us that when a magnetic field is CHANGING over time ... this is what is meant by the differential d(B)/dt ... there will be an EMF (voltage) induced in conductors within that changing field that is proportional to the rate of change (the slope d(B)/dt) and Lenz's law tells us that the polarity of this EMF will be in the direction to oppose that change (the minus sign of the equation -E=d(B)/dt.) 

In systems like electrolysis or electrophoresis or battery chemistry, charge can be transferred by ions (charged partial molecules) which can travel in opposite directions across a potential (voltage) gradient, with positively charged ions going one way and negatively charged ions going the other way simultaneously. Convention and reference point.

So in the strawman _secondary_ coil subjected to the pulsations of a _primary_ coil, or even when a _single coil_ is subjected to an alternately growing and falling magnetic field ---- that is, the SIGN of the slope d(B)/dt changes from negative to positive and back as B grows and shrinks -- the induced EMF also reverses SIGN back and forth, indicating an alternating current response.  This however is different from the case where a steady state current through a coil (dB/dt = 0, no change in magnetic field, horizontal or zero slope) is interrupted (B is falling so d(B)/dt has negative slope), which as we have seen in demonstrations over and over, causes a reversal of the _sign_ of the EMF (voltage) produced in accord with Faraday's Law and Lenz's Law, which causes the current to continue to flow in the _same direction_ as before.

Why do you think engineers and circuit designers put a so-called "flyback" diode across a relay coil, "negatively biased" with respect to the DC current used to actuate the coil? In which direction does current flow through this diode when the current to the coil is interrupted? In my demonstrations I use the LED as the "flyback diode" to show clearly and unambiguously in which direction the current flows when the magnetic field is decreasing due to the supply current being interrupted.

You can find literally thousands of illustrations of this if you bother to look. And flyback diodes are used in many devices we all probably use every day, to give that current some place to go so that the EMF (voltage) induced by the collapsing field doesn't rise to the point of damaging some component.

synchro1

I completed my measurements on Tesla's bifilar coil for electro-magnets and posted my final conclusions on "evostars" thread at Energetic Forum as Allen Burgess.

TinselKoala

And how do you explain the results of my two LED demonstrations? And how do you explain the ubiquitous use of flyback diodes as shown in the above diagram (and thousands more on google images)?

Current flowing in both directions at the same time in a wire? Then why don't both LEDs light up at the same time? You are doubling down on a losing hand.

TinselKoala

QuoteWe know that the serial bifilar coil can cancel self inductance, and also that the single wire is not an inductor.

YOU may "know" that but your "knowledge" is wrong.

http://www.consultrsr.net/resources/eis/induct5.htm

QuoteEven a single, straight piece of wire has some inductance!
We generally associate inductance with a loop or coil of wire. However, even a straight piece of wire, or your electrode, has some self-inductance. This can be important if you are dealing with low impedances (< 1 ohm) at high frequencies (> 10kHz).
[/left]

and many many other references and calculators can be found.

TinselKoala

Here is another claim of the member Synchro1:

Quote from: synchro1 on April 06, 2017, 07:51:25 PM
@evostars,

Discharging a capacitor is like decanting water from a five gallon jug; Slow starting, followed by a strong gush  at .67, tapering off to a slow flow: Charging exactly the reverse, max charge rate at .33 capacity:
(emphasis mine)

with which he posted this _correct_ graph which immediately refutes his own claim: