Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Kelvin's Water Dropper Thunderstorm - without drops?

Started by LeoFreeman, September 06, 2017, 11:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antijon

I see you're right about the distance from the pails, which is why for a device like a van de graaff to work properly, the sphere must enclose the entire upper brush/roller assembly.

As for shorting, I don't know man. I'm still trying to figure out how the water ions are going to charge the plates without some type of electrolysis happening.

LeoFreeman

Electrolysis would be good  8) if we don't have to supply any power!
More messy than getting pure electricity, but useful nevertheless.

I was thinking about using an acid-base indicator to visually observe any changes in the ionic makeup of the water,\
would you believe, it's very practical: https://www.exploratorium.edu/snacks/indicating-electrolysis?media=7376

TinselKoala

Water serves as the charge carrier in Kelvin's generator, but you probably aren't going to see any significant degree of ionization with ordinary acid-base indicators. Consider that one mole of water, 18 grams, contains 6.022 x 1023 water molecules, and one Coulomb of charge is equivalent to the charge on 6.24 x 1018 electrons. A Coulomb of charge is a huge amount of charge. Each water drop in a properly working Kelvin generator only carries a tiny fraction of a Coulomb, meaning that a very small number of ions will exist in the water. The extreme strength of the electrostatic force due to the E-field of this small number of ions allows influence machines like the Kelvin generator to operate, but there are better ways to generate, or rather separate, large quantities of charge using other types of influence machines. In fact, you could probably make a more efficient generator using the Kelvin layout but instead of water, use dust particles or even tiny plastic spheres. Tesla, IIRC, designed an influence machine that used dust particles as the charge carriers. It was similar to a VDG machine but instead of a belt, blowers circulated dust through a closed loop of piping.

LeoFreeman

Water is nowhere near as efficient a charge carrier as bigger particles, such as dust, as you mentioned; but 
it is cheap (well, it used to be cheap  >:() and the influence machines can potentially be scaled up enormously.

This brings me to a question that has been bugging me for a while now:  If it is true (?)  that water gets (- at least some of -) its
energy for self-dissociation from the Quantum Vacuum Fluctuations, 
then what happens to that energy when it is re-emitted and the H3O+ / OH- ions go back to ground state again? 
Why doesn't water spontaneously boil away due to all  that build-up of energy?

I remember Tom Bearden mentioning something similar to that in one of his videos on Zero Point Energy; I can't find it again, but he said
something like it is a mystery as to why certain acid-base neutralization reactions don't give off heat energy, or something like that.

DavidWolff

I can confirm this experiment generates free static electricity, from water droplets into a lover bucket, it can also give you a nasty shock, but like all things you need to get the water to the top, but before you say I know a way of doing that for free each side has to be insulated from each other ;), think you can do it ? for so little gain ?

D Wolff