Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Old Standard Ignition System. Battery. Coil. Points. And Condenser....

Started by Magluvin, October 25, 2017, 07:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

<<< Well get to it then. Show us what you want to show us. >>>
<<< But to get him to roll up his sleeves and do some bench work, then show it, may require a miracle that is beyond anyone's expectations.  >>>

You're both just trolling me.

Magsy, you get into it, you have the setup.  Why is the spark bigger with the capacitor?  How does the ignition coil circuit actually work?  Where is the input energy going?  What is the complete timing diagram for the ignition coil circuit?  After all this time and with your own setup you haven't answered those questions yourself.

<<<  How many pages since page 2 have you gotten it wrong?  That 12 yr old your talking about is kicking your ass. lol.  Come on dude. Takes a lot of balls to come up with a statement like that after reading the thread up until that last post. Dont ya think?  >>>

Your claim from the beginning was that resonance between the primary and the capacitor was how the ignition coil circuit worked and you got it wrong.  Welcome to the club.  And from what I am hearing from you, you still have it wrong.

You have almost just been a bystander for the first main part of the thread where the ignition coil circuit was discussed.  Yes, it is a bit more involved than we thought and I did the digging and iterated through the process and got up the learning curve and now I am quite certain that I have it right and I understand the nuances.  Meanwhile, you did a few clips showing small sparks and big sparks and then a clip where you scoped the primary and saw the oscillations and then you folded up and called it a day.  In other words, show and don't tell and don't explain which is just classic behaviour for the forum.  You have not come up with any tests on your own to investigate what is going on in your setup.  You did a close-up and saw multiple spark streams and then said, "See, this is proof that the oscillations in the resonant ring-down have a benefit" or something to that effect.  You have no data to back up that claim and it is highly dubious.  My gut feel is telling me that the air will spontaneously break down into multiple plasma streamers when driven by a discharging coil, irregardless of any "oscillations."

You have a setup and I am not seeing you actually apply your knowledge and bench skills to really get down and answer the questions for your own satisfaction and that of the readers:  Why is the spark bigger with the capacitor?  Where is the input energy going?  How does the ignition coil circuit actually work?  What is the complete timing diagram for the ignition coil circuit?

I am not seeing you develop any of your own tests using your own brainpower to analyze this circuit.  I even mentioned several possible tests to you in PM and there was the sound of one hand clapping in response.

And absolutely yes, an astute 12-year-old that is really interested in electronics could answer all of the aforementioned questions and explain all of the nuances.

tinman

Quote from: MileHigh on November 11, 2017, 07:10:43 PM
<<< Well get to it then. Show us what you want to show us. >>>
<<< But to get him to roll up his sleeves and do some bench work, then show it, may require a miracle that is beyond anyone's expectations.  >>>

You're both just trolling me.

Magsy, you get into it, you have the setup.    How does the ignition coil circuit actually work?  Where is the input energy going?  What is the complete timing diagram for the ignition coil circuit?  After all this time and with your own setup you haven't answered those questions yourself.

<<<  How many pages since page 2 have you gotten it wrong?  That 12 yr old your talking about is kicking your ass. lol.  Come on dude. Takes a lot of balls to come up with a statement like that after reading the thread up until that last post. Dont ya think?  >>>

Your claim from the beginning was that resonance between the primary and the capacitor was how the ignition coil circuit worked and you got it wrong.  Welcome to the club.  And from what I am hearing from you, you still have it wrong.

You have almost just been a bystander for the first main part of the thread where the ignition coil circuit was discussed.  Yes, it is a bit more involved than we thought and I did the digging and iterated through the process and got up the learning curve and now I am quite certain that I have it right and I understand the nuances.  Meanwhile, you did a few clips showing small sparks and big sparks and then a clip where you scoped the primary and saw the oscillations and then you folded up and called it a day.  In other words, show and don't tell and don't explain which is just classic behaviour for the forum.  You have not come up with any tests on your own to investigate what is going on in your setup.  You did a close-up and saw multiple spark streams and then said, "See, this is proof that the oscillations in the resonant ring-down have a benefit" or something to that effect.  You have no data to back up that claim and it is highly dubious.  My gut feel is telling me that the air will spontaneously break down into multiple plasma streamers when driven by a discharging coil, irregardless of any "oscillations."

You have a setup and I am not seeing you actually apply your knowledge and bench skills to really get down and answer the questions for your own satisfaction and that of the readers:  Why is the spark bigger with the capacitor?  Where is the input energy going?  How does the ignition coil circuit actually work?  What is the complete timing diagram for the ignition coil circuit?

I am not seeing you develop any of your own tests using your own brainpower to analyze this circuit.  I even mentioned several possible tests to you in PM and there was the sound of one hand clapping in response.

And absolutely yes, an astute 12-year-old that is really interested in electronics could answer all of the aforementioned questions and explain all of the nuances.

QuoteWhy is the spark bigger with the capacitor?

It captures the !otherwise wasted! energy from the primary's inductive kickback,and that energy is discharged through the !now low! resistance of the arc.

Brad

MileHigh

Why is the spark bigger with the capacitor?

Quote from: tinman on November 12, 2017, 02:08:48 AM
It captures the !otherwise wasted! energy from the primary's inductive kickback,and that energy is discharged through the !now low! resistance of the arc.

Brad

I would say that your response is in the the right direction but it's not how I would put it.  Let's Magluvin take the lead and give us his take on it and we will see if he is going to answer the questions that I posted.