Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electromagnet impedance vs transformer impedance

Started by nix85, May 15, 2019, 02:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kolbacict

Therefore, telephone capsules with a perfect magnetic system give out a much greater sound output for the same electrical power.
But the sound there is such that no one wants to listen. :(

C.O.P.1000

Your views are welcome. I watched your video and i appreciate your views but you have not told me anything new, and the way you try to explain things is not exactly correct either, as most people, you lack laser precision, let me elaborate on it.

Firstly, if you look at my first post you will see the formula for inductive reactance.

XL= 2πfL

So obviously and i have spoken about this many times, smaller the inductance smaller the reactance aka self-induction. It is also clearly implied in my last post that voice coil has low inductance and low reactance and thus needs ohmic resistance to limit the current, especially at low frequencies, all written clearly.

And obviously air core coil has lower inductance than one with iron core, i don't think you had to make a video to show such obvious and widely known basic thing but on the other hand why not, i like the video.

In any case, you said in the video air coil has no self-inductance, well it does, just less. I think you know that and you just expressed yourself like that. This is related with the common formula E = 444 f NAB volts rms. Also, you repeat multiple times how without core coil supposedly "cannot complete the induction path". This is wrong. Flux always closes on itself, with or without a core. Key reason is iron core amplifies the magnetic field, not just providing the path of lesser reluctance, so

B = μH

aka flux density is permeability of the core times magnetizing force

or longer formula

flux density = amper x turns x core permeability x core area / m² (T)

and magnetizing force H is closely related to popular term ampere turns, namely

H (magnetizing force) = ampere x turns / length of a coil

And to further elaborate on self-induction....

Obviously self-induced voltage prevents current to flow instantly, i and others spoke of this many times here, and another thing i have figured myself and another person here also figured it independently - altho it is commonly said current cannot flow instantly through an inductor for back EMF which prevents instant current to flow to appear there first must be some small current cause without it voltage could not appear - so technically current is leading voltage, well, for a tiny instant. Or maybe it does not, this is only an assumption. In that case it is even stranger as it means voltage across an inductor jumps without change of current through it, something that should not happen. In any case, voltage jumps up to source voltage and then decreases gradually proportionally to 5 time constants of which i have also spoken before.

t = L/R inductor time constant, after 5t (transient time) current reaches 99.5%

Now the reason for the smaller inductance of a voice coil vs transformer coil. Well, firstly voice coils are usually physically smaller than transformers which usually means smaller inductance.

As for the gap, voice coil indeed has an airgap which lowers inductance but if you look how speaker is made you will notice that gap is actually small. It surely does reduce inductance but i would not agree it is the main reason.

https://youtu.be/RxdFP31QYAg?t=86

Then, you mention the permanent magnet, of which i was perfectly aware, and you say "also gets complicated by the permanent magnet's field". The thing is voice coil is working against the magnet half of the time so magnet is reducing it's inductance half of the time and other half of the time it is increasing it's flux but it would be incorrect to say it is increasing it's inductance since inductance of the coil is only the part of flux it creates by itself, additional flux can lead to saturation but does not increase inductance, it is but a bias. So it does complicate things but i would say magnet is overall reducing the inductance which is already quite low due to small core size and the airgap.

So, obviously, inductance of the voice coil is much smaller - usually in range from less than 1mH to few dozen mH compared to transformer primaries which are usually like hundreds of times more, for example i measured one of microwave oven transformers pri ind 351mH and sec ind 34H. I also measured inductance of my ~50W speakers and i don't remember exactly but it was tiny. And obviously, as i said before, smaller inductance means smaller self induction. These are simple basic things.

So, all that was clear and implied. But important correction, again, it is not that core allows for "south induct back into the top" flux always closes on itself, with or without a core, it is, as i said above and before, the fact that iron AMPLIFIES the field - altho mainstream still sleazily forces the term CONCENTRATES the flux instead of AMPLIFIES. Altho they are forced to admit flux is larger, up to a million times, with the core.

Obviously, larger L means longer time constant, so it takes longer for current to rise to max value and if you wanna force it you need more voltage, that is, more power, unless you are smart and you use the nature given parallel RLC i spoke of in the thread of same name.

As for your comment on "Speaker doing work", it seems you are confusing the reactive and active power. If you removed the coil from the speaker inductance would be even smaller and since the ability of a coil to do work (power) is flux times frequency (just like motor is torque times rpm), you would have to increase number of turns significantly to get the same inductance and same ability to do work but more turns means more ohmic resistance so your losses would go up. If you would not add more turns, current would be larger, obviously, you would again waste more power as heat in accord with P = I²R copper losses and would do less work. So of course air core coil is not optimal to do work.

So, one with iron core is of course more efficient, but not overunity. Conventional relation here stands, unless special configurations are made. So no magic there just by adding a core. Magic happens when you go into resonance or when you play with flyback aka collapsing field backEMF etc. Using the coil in classical manner, just like electric motors is surely not overunity, no matter how much iron or exotic core material you put.

Or to sum all this up in few words, of course inductance of a voice coil is less, this is obvious and clearly implied. Iron amplifies flux but this does not automatically mean overunity. It can and does lead to overunity in specific cases.

Nix

kolbacict

I have an interesting table.
Just do think, with an input electrical power of 10-13 watts, the radio operator can already received speach !
Sorry for russian.

C.O.P.1000

Something interesting, apparent overunity input output values on NSTs are usually said to be for momentary peak value, before the ionization, but this post says different

Just got off the phone with a Ventex Engineer, the power supplies are constant current constant voltage 35 khz symetrical waveform to each anode. So if a NST specification says it will supply 2500v at .028 mA in order to drive 30" of tube once the tube is lit it will sustain the 2500v at .028mA at 35khz to keep the tube lit.

From the Ventex engineers we have OU and wikipedia states the same requirements for the lighting function.

Which is why Don had the rectification diodes in place because when one anode is -2500 the other is 0.

https://www.overunityresearch.com/index.php?topic=25.msg7511#msg7511