Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Can anyone verify cogging-torque neutralization ?

Started by postingsite, January 30, 2018, 10:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postingsite

Quote from: postingsite on February 13, 2018, 12:55:42 PM
      This extremely simple device could easily be built by using the motors(  as generators ) which are available for model-cars,  which actually have shafts on both ends of the motor,  and shaft connectors are available .

- Obviously only DC motors should be used.

However,  I just realized a very big problem,  if you wired it up too simply,  how would the device know which is the  motor  turning the device,  and which are the generators.

Maybe you'd have to do things like , 
          -  removing commutators from the motors you want to be the generators( unlikely )
          -  adding diodes( or equivalents ) into the circuit
          -  AND EVEN MORE INTERESTINGLY,  what about feeding the input current to the motor( that is intended to be the motor )  via a totally    Contact-less( no contact connection )  like some sort of transformer or other contact-less induction connection.

OR,  the alternative would simply be using magnets sweeping past coils to generate electricity instead of using motors as generators,  as described in the post below on another thread
http://overunity.com/17578/successfully-looped-smot/msg515755/#msg515755

Another possible solution,  but I'm not sure,    would be to use an  AC-motor to rotate the  DC-motors being used as generators,  so that the  DC-output from the generators would go to a  power-inverter  which converts the DC-current into  AC-current for the AC-motor .

Or,  maybe something like using a different phase or frequency for the driving motor,  than from what is used by the  motors-used-as-generators . 

Also,  for the alternate idea,  of coils,  where magnets rotate along a coil placed on the perimeter of a circle, to generate current,    using horseshoe magnets generates much more current,  however,  even more power could be generated by replacing the  Permanent-magnets  with  electromagnets, since in this device they could become increasingly powerful,     this no  permanent-magnets principle is described on the following link : 
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excitation_(magnetic)

postingsite

Quote from: postingsite on February 13, 2018, 12:55:42 PM
      This extremely simple device could easily be built by using the motors(  as generators ) which are available for model-cars,  which actually have shafts on both ends of the motor,  and shaft connectors are available .

- Obviously only DC motors should be used.

However,  I just realized a very big problem,  if you wired it up too simply,  how would the device know which is the  motor  turning the device,  and which are the generators.

Maybe you'd have to do things like , 
          -  removing commutators from the motors you want to be the generators( unlikely )
          -  adding diodes( or equivalents ) into the circuit
          -  AND EVEN MORE INTERESTINGLY,  what about feeding the input current to the motor( that is intended to be the motor )  via a totally    Contact-less( no contact connection )  like some sort of transformer or other contact-less induction connection.

OR,  the alternative would simply be using magnets sweeping past coils to generate electricity instead of using motors as generators,  as described in the post below on another thread
http://overunity.com/17578/successfully-looped-smot/msg515755/#msg515755

The simplest solution to make this device function could be to :
     -  first,  power the  motor ( which is intended to rotate the generators ) by using an  'external power source'
     -  and then,  when the generators are generating power,   gradually mix the output of the generators with the current of the 'external power source',  and then gradually decrease the  'external power source',  until the device is self-powered

postingsite

This design,   should circumvent the problem of the electromagnetic-breaking effect encountered at high speeds by other designs,  because it only has to rotate at a very slow speed in order to match ( or greatly exceed ) the output of other designs when they spin at high speeds .

The design in the diagram,  on the very first post on this thread -

https://overunity.com/17587/can-anyone-verify-cogging-torque-neutralization/msg515952/#msg515952

should circumvent the problem that people mention with their attempts at  'self-powered-motor-generators' , 
   -   they mention that when they try to speed the device up to a high enough speed for the device to power itself ( I don't understand that requirement ? ),  that they experience an increasing electromagnetic-breaking effect ( due to electromagnetic-eddies )  .

However,  in the design that this thread was started on,  above,  even when this device is rotating at a very slow speed,  it's output ( frequency ,  voltage, etc, etc ) would be equal to the output of other devices when they are rotating at a very high speed ,  but it should not experience that electromagnetic-breaking effect ( due to electromagnetic-eddies ) since the individual generators on the shaft would only be rotating at a slow speed .

Note  -  To very effectively neutralize cogging-torque  in  the design that this thread was started on,  above,  you you would need to have enough 'un-aligned' individual generators on the same shaft so that  'all'  cogging-torque gaps along the shaft are filled in very completely,  so that if the shaft is spun manually, that it would spin as smoothly as if there were no generators on the shaft .
----------------------

It's odd people mentioning this problem of the electromagnetic-breaking effect ( due to electromagnetic-eddies )  in  'self-powered-motor-generators'   and any other devices for this website,   because  I have so often read of the dangerously high speeds that their devices ( including magnet-motors ) have reached,  that the centrifugal force caused the devices to fly apart .
----------------------

One post on this thread,   mentioned a more simple non-symmetrical method of trying to neutralize cogging-torque,   that is by having an odd number of magnets and even number of coils in an individual generator,  for example - 2 magnets and 3 coils .
     When I used to look inside electric-motors years ago,  I remember that they were also designed on that principle, so it seems that that particular simple non-symmetrical method of trying to neutralize cogging-torque is not only used in overunity designs .
      - However,  I notice that often when you spin those motors by hand,  there is often still some significant cogging-torque .
       And that design( when used as a generator ) will still have the problem of the electromagnetic-breaking effect ( due to electromagnetic-eddies ),  unless,   you put many of these motors( generators ) on the same shaft,  and completely  'un-align' them in relation to each other,  just like in the the design in the diagram,  on the very first post on this thread,  although,  I don't know if or not that would have any problems functioning effectively .

postingsite

The individual generators in the design that this thread was started on ( in the very first post ), were meant to contain the same number of coils-with-cores as rotating-magnets,  eg. 4 coils-with-cores powered by 4 rotating-magnets  .
        Obviously,  the less number of coils-with-cores and rotating-magnets,  then the greater the effect of  circumventing the problem of the electromagnetic-breaking effect encountered at high speeds by other designs .

(  I don't know if they sell generators / motors that contain the same number of coils-with-cores as rotating-magnets )

Below is a diagram showing a generator with the same number of coils-with-cores and rotating-magnets, even though it's not required .

postingsite

If anyone knows the original inventor of the design that this thread was started on ( in the very first post ),  and the year it was invented,  post that,  or of any device that is 'sufficiently'( s-u-f-f-i-c-i-e-n-t-l-y ) similar, post that
------------
In solid-state designs,  like the two currently active threads on here at the moment, I quickly lose interest when they use microchips,  or more than a small number of electronic components ,  since I sort of think if they could function, they should be able to without microchips and with very few electronic components .

There's a concept I can't work out,  a simple solid-state design
     -  place numerous coils-with-cores in a circle, they are in no way connected with each other,  but are positioned so that they can induce power in the ones next to them, left and right
      -  and then only pulse one coil,  hoping that that pulse will travel around the circle( TO SELF-POWER THE DEVICE ),  but since the initial coil you have pulsed has induced the next coil on it's left and also on it's right,  then there will now be 2 pulses travelling around the circle, in opposite directions  .
      -  Those 2 pulses will prevent this device from being  self-powering .

Maybe you could try cone-shaped-coils-containing-cone-shaped-iron-cores,  but would that solve the problem or function at all

EDIT - Maybe ,  you could have the coils-with-cores in pairs ( with sufficient large spacing between pairs ),  in a pair,  one coil induces power in another coil,   then the power travels through a diode to the next pair .