Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A Solid-State Maxwell Demon

Started by ZL, May 11, 2018, 10:13:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you believe that the claims in the paper "A Solid-State Maxwell Demon" by Dr. Daniel P. Sheehan are correct?

Yes, I am absolutely sure about that.
3 (37.5%)
I believe they are correct, but I am not qualified in this subject enough to be sure.
3 (37.5%)
I am totally confused by the critics like Germano; both possibilities (true - false) are equally probable.
1 (12.5%)
I believe they are incorrect, but I am not qualified in this subject enough to be sure.
0 (0%)
No, I am absolutely sure that Dr. Sheehan's diode can't convert heat energy into mechanical or electrical energy as he claimed.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

ZL

Let's put the significance of this discovery/invention into perspective. People in general don't talk about it, because only an insignificant percent knows it even exists. The mass media didn't inform the public about this (as far as I know). The representatives of the public (you) who are interested in FE research, read websites of FE researchers, and forums like this one are looking for something they can build themselves, and understand how it works. Inventions that don't fit this profile are generally ignored, just like this one has been ignored. This is how real FE inventions get swept under the rag, and prevented from freeing and enriching the commoners.

If you want to oppose this process, then you personally have to find, recognize, and understand such inventions (or develop your own, if you can), and talk about them everywhere you can. Make it viral. If this is not our responsibility, then who's is it? If enough people learn about it then there is a good chance that those who hide it, will have to at least acknowledge its existence, or even better, start mass producing it for the public. If you have doubts about the correctness of the basic principle presented by the inventors, then discuss it, research it until it gets confirmed or eliminated. Right now I don't see any scientific reason why this should not work as claimed. No new foggy theories have been introduced, only plane, old fashioned science of semiconductors, electrostatics, and mechanics.

Why would you be interested in contributing to the successful mass production of this invention? The most obvious reason is that converting ambient heat into useful work provides unlimited free energy for all. But there is an even more disruptive and sensational utilization of this principle in computer industry. The power consumption of the microprocessors and microchips represents a major obstacle for designing supercomputers for mass production. Its not only the price of the consumed electric power (and its limited availability) that is the problem, but also the cooling of chips. This is why microprocessors have to be relatively thin, so that the dissipated heat can be conducted away in a practical and economic way. The cooling system and the limited thickness of the chips dilute the density of electronics built into a single chip, its computational power, speed, and memory.

The invention of Dr. Sheehan at. al. can overcome both limitations. Microprocessors of insane density could be built that not only don't require external power supply, but don't produce waste heat either. No cooling required. Imagine a supercomputer that has got a processor of 1L volume (or more)! The computational power of such computers could jump to 1000 (or more) times the the speed and capacity of our PC's. This performance jump could enable design engineers to run realistic simulations of multi-physics processes of very high resolution and large size that are impossible today, due to speed and memory limitations. Such simulations could exponentially speed up the design of new technology in all fields of science, and lead to an avalanche of new discoveries and inventions. Bitcoin could be mined much more cheaply. There could be a major breakthrough in AI, which could further speed up the technology development by automating most of the related work that does not require human intuition and creativity. Much of today's science fiction could become reality within a few decades instead of centuries etc.

I hope that now you realize why this discovery has been swept under the rag. The shadow government wants to use it for themselves against the "useless eaters", and against other countries to establish the one world government. Hopefully, this will give you enough incentive to do something about it, before it is too late. This post was not directed to Memoryman specifically, but to everybody who reads it, and who is interested in FE.

memoryman

This 'invention' may never become a practical product; not everything can be scaled.
Just because something is possible inn theory does not mean it is practical (or even useful).
My friend is working on doing this but is limited in resources. His progress is slow; expects a small sample this year.
Nothing has been swept 'under the rug" (not rag). Stop looking for conspiracies; ineptitude is far more common.

ZL

Quote from: memoryman on May 19, 2018, 05:59:17 PM
This 'invention' may never become a practical product; not everything can be scaled.

This is an unsubstantiated personal opinion expressed as vaguely as possible, like politicians do. Why are you putting the word invention between apostrophes? Are you suggesting that the devices presented by Dr. Sheehan are not inventions? Or is this an attempt to belittle their significance?

"...may never become..." is this just a guess, or do you have scientific reasons that prevent this from becoming a practical product (besides the opposing financial interests)? If you have such facts, then please explain them in detail. I am very curious exactly why do you think this can not be mass-produced?

"... not everything can be scaled." Ahem... Who said everything can be scaled? This is a straw man argument, usually used by people who pursue nefarious agendas (like those who try to debunk any reference to conspiracies that really exist). Exactly how do you think scaling is a prohibitive obstacle here? The prototype built by Dr. Nihat Okulan (Advanced NanoStructures) and measured by Dr. Sheehan and his team is already at the right target scale of few microns, which places it into the size range of MEMS devices. Here is a photo of the gap between the PN terminals with the scale marking on it - see attachment.

Here is the progress report with some more pictures: https://web.archive.org/web/20110210183734/http://www.alternative-renewable-energy.com:80/progress-reports/june-2010/

Quote from: memoryman on May 19, 2018, 05:59:17 PM"Stop looking for conspiracies; ineptitude is far more common."

So, you are implying the ineptitude of Dr. Sheehan and his team, right? Don't you think you are getting increasingly arrogant here? Are you trying to forbid me pointing out conspiracies that really exist? You could not make it more obvious that you are part of the controlled opposition, who poses pro-alternative energy, but in reality works to debunk and oppose any such grass roots development (no matter whether it's a hoax perpetrated mainly by disinfo agents; or it is real, like this one).

If anybody is seriously interested in finding out the truth about this subject, it is highly recommended that you read the archived website, especially the progress reposts:
https://web.archive.org/web/20110211112149/http://www.alternative-renewable-energy.com:80/category/progress-reports/

The measurements have confirmed the validity of the claims presented in the paper of Dr. Sheehan.

memoryman

I have no interest of getting into a pissing match.
I am a great fan of Dr. Sheehan and hope that he or someone else will make this into a product.
I also cannot predict the future, so I make none. If you don't like it, just stop responding.
Have a great day.

vasik041

Thank you for sharing this information.
I have no doubt that it can be developed in practical product...but it probably require huge investments.
It would be interesting to know about Dr. Sheehan progress with this device as last video from 2013 ...

BR.
-V.