Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Forum Formatting problem

Started by citfta, May 24, 2018, 06:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citfta

This is another test using Opera as my browser.

Will it work ok?

Yes.  My Opera Browser seems to work fine when I look at the preview.  Another clue that it must be something in the Firefox browser that is causing the problem.

Has anyone had a problem with the formatting other than Firefox users?

Thanks,
Carroll

gyulasun

Hi Carroll,

I thought to test this issue in Microsoft Internet Explorer because it is in the Windows and needs no installation.

So far so good, the text editor works as it should, I have no problem with formatting this text I am writing.

Gyula

e2matrix

Recent versions of Opera are based on the Chrome engine.   Been using Opera since it's alpha days and have not had any issues here like Firefox is having.   It's probably a combination of SMF forum software oddities and newer formatting used by Firefox and a couple other browsers.

not_a_mib

Here is a post from Windows 10 using the Edge browser.  Single return here.
More text.  Two returns here.

Some more text.  Three returns here.

End. I would suspect a forum issue.  Firefox 60, Chrome, and Edge all seem to use %0D%0A as a line break in textarea form data.
I ran a small test case on an Apache httpd server using a form with a textarea field, and a CGI script to capture the submitted text.

not_a_mib

Here is a post from Firefox 60 on a Fedora 28 64-bit Linux system.  Single return here.More text.  Two returns here.
Some more text.  Three returns here.

End.  I had seen the missing line-break problem on my last post from this system.