Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Question- Diode, what would Tesla have used?

Started by MagnaProp, July 16, 2018, 02:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfior

tesla had spark gaps and what he called a "sensitive device" that let one pulse through and then burned (if I remember correctly)

he explains the device in colorado spring notes.

He also used batteries in the path to provide ways for the current to move and some paths it did not want to go.

mercury arc valve

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury-arc_valve

MagnaProp

Thanks Belfior. That info is much appreciated. I'm off to search through his notes to see what I can find about the device you mention.

marathonman

MagnaProp;

Tesla used his AC to DC patent in place of a diode. it can also be done with a transistor as a diode that is more efficient then a diode.
Marathonman

Belfior

Quote from: marathonman on July 25, 2018, 05:54:45 PM
MagnaProp;

Tesla used his AC to DC patent in place of a diode. it can also be done with a transistor as a diode that is more efficient then a diode.
Marathonman

https://teslauniverse.com/nikola-tesla/patents/us-patent-413353-method-obtaining-direct-alternating-currents

Do you think that if you want to harvest some "seed energy" with an antenna and then start to employ voltage doublers and joule thieves, that you could use this Tesla patent to avoid the voltage drop that a diode rectifier would cause?