Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Cadman’s Hydrostatic Displacement Engine

Started by Cadman, June 15, 2019, 05:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floor

Thanks

The pleasure is mine. I've gotten pretty fast at kicking out drawings and generally
enjoy doing them. Thanks again for your inspired design.

best wishes

Floor

Dam Wrong / bad drawing (above).

Here it is (below).

Grumage

Hello All.

Since Cadman's original presentation I've been thinking a lot about it. May I offer " Concept 2 " for consideration?

Cycle description and drawing are shown from the " at rest " position.

Let's assume a working head of 2 meters. To the top of the cistern. The concertina is made to have an internal surface area of
6 square inches ( Cadman's piston ) this should provide a force of approximately 75 Lbs. The displacement cylinder is made to be directly connected to the top of the concertina but of a diameter that can just accommodate the volume of water from it. This should be around 6.1 Lbs in weight but because of the small diameter only create a couple of pounds pressure on the transfer valve. The displacement cylinder is allowed to move up and down through a central seal within the cistern. My single drawing shows the device at the start of the cycle. As water is admitted to the underside of the concertina the whole assembly will rise 150 mm
through the cistern. The displacer piston is rigidly fixed to a framework that carries the whole assembly. The top of the displacer piston has a simple " Leather cup washer " that will allow the water to pass it on the upstroke but then be retained on its return. On the return stroke the fluid now above the seal will naturally spill over the edge of the displacement cylinder back into the cistern.

My idea has just 2 areas of friction, one the sliding seal between displacement cylinder wall and cistern floor and the other is the flap valve ( cup washer ) mounted to the displacement piston top.

Cheers Graham.

Edit.

Drawing to follow pending resize. It seems I cannot resize the picture using my iPad so I'll post it anyway and re edit the page later today. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Grumage

To clarify.

I have not shown the admission valve which will open and close at each end of the stroke.

The " bias weight " will obviously affect the " net " energy available but is needed to reset the system for the next upstroke. Its weight will have to be determined by experiment.

Once the water has passed by the upper cup washer on the displacement piston its mass is now supported by the framework and no longer seen by events below.

The displacement piston is made from a " high density " material, preferably Stainless Steel for longevity.

Cheers Graham.

a.king21

I did an experiment similar to this years ago.  I later had the idea that oil rises to the top in water, and it worked.  I did not complete the experiment  - however if you incorporate oil rising you may get a buoyancy advantage.  ie oil inside a ping pong ball should rise and can push a piston against gravity.  Then you have the problem of the return of course.