Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Intercalated graphite carries a resting voltage without giving a charge.

Started by Jimboot, December 24, 2019, 05:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimboot

ignore dmm & scope shots. They're rubbish. So Im just using the Analogue meter. Still get 500mv, working to get it higher or build cell in series. I'm also making a toroid from the material to run some tests with.

kajunbee

Jimboot, I didn't think to ask what you are trying to make. Is it a capacitor or a rechargeable battery. In my experiments I have been attempting to make a battery. I realize now that it's impossible with and aqueous electrolyte. All I will get is water electrolysis because as you already know it only requires a potential difference of 1.23 volts. Much lower than it would be for aluminum. But something else I've been missing is how I've been charging the cell. With electrolytic capacitors the insulation is a hard anodized layer. So if I understand the process correctly when I'm charging the cell I'm forming that oxide layer. But the electrolytes I've been using (naoh, koh) rapidly dissolve that oxide layer. This might explain why I can store charge with some electrolytes and not others. I'll have to do some more research to know for sure.

Jimboot

Hey Kajunbee, I'm in the middle of creating graphene from the intercalated graphite when I noticed a resting voltage without charging it. At the moment I'm trying to isolate the source of it. I made 2 cells last night for testing 500mv resting voltage 1v in series.

Jimboot

RMS got back to me. He tends to think it's an electrostatic or ambient temp changes etc. I tend to agree. I'll move on from this now. Thank you Kanjunbee & Smoky both for your help. A cell with around 450mv no load. Attached a 10k resistive load drops to 150 and bounces around.