Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Russian voltage multiplicator stacking

Started by nix85, May 03, 2020, 09:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nix85

At another forum they think V terminal might be for some negative bias and that it would be tapped between V and ground with a cap inbetween not to short the input on negative halfcycle. No one knows for sure and i guess it doesn't really matter.

Another question emerged from this, when i asked them isn't that cap between V and ground shorting the input on negative halfcycle this guy answered that cap once charged no longer conducts. I said, yea, but that is clearly not correct, all these caps charge up and stay charged and yet they do conduct. To this they have remained silent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=litsAzP4oqw

Thaelin

Standard rule there: a capacitor will block DC and pass AC.

nix85

Quote from: Thaelin on June 02, 2020, 02:12:50 AM
Standard rule there: a capacitor will block DC and pass AC.

Yes, that is a general rule, but obviously it's not that simple.

We all know cap is like open circuit for DC and low frequencies according to XC= -1/2πfC, higher the frequency lesser the reactance just like the opposite is true for an inductor XL= 2πfL.

If we feed it AC of higher frequency it is like closed circuit, no mystery here, it charges and discharges on each halfcycle, displacement current passing through it all the time.

Another case is when it's used to filter out the bias in class a and b amps. So we feed it pulsed DC and yet only the AC component passes through. Interesting effect if you look into it, how does it "know" where to place the 0, input voltage can vary at various levels, for example from 1 to 3V or from 3 to 5V, yet the cap "knows" and places zero at +1.5V or 4V automatically.

And finally, the example of voltage multiplier. Let's see exactly what happens, when C1 charges to 12V, now source changes direction, if there was no other cap, C1 would now discharge and charge to 12V in other direction. All sweet and clear.

But since C2 is there, 12V from the source + 12V on the cap (now in same direction) charge C2 to 24V, and yet this does not discharge the C1 and charge it in other direction. I find this very strange.

EDIT: C1 DOES discharge when charging C2 to 24V. I was misinformed by youtube guy The Organic Chemistry Tutor. I knew how basic doubler works but i took his word for granted.

What happens is simple with this correction. When C1 and source charge C2 to 24V C1 is now discharged but on next (negative) halfcycle C1 is charged to 12V again. AT THE SAME TIME (in parallel) 12V from source + 24V on C2 charge C3 to 24V (36V - 12V on C1). This discharges C2 but on next (positive) halfcycle it gets charged to 24V again and at the same time 12V from source + 12V on C1 + 24V on C3 charge C4 also to 24V (48V-24V). And so on in same manner.