Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The two capacitor paradox debate

Started by onepower, September 02, 2020, 01:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onepower

The two capacitor paradox and moving zero planes.

Background: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_capacitor_paradox

I have one charged capacitor with +/- potentials and a difference of 10v. Now I connect an uncharged capacitor, they balance and both capacitors then have 5v on each but somehow I have lost 1/2 the energy... where did it go?.

Most say it was dissipated as heat or radiation but that's a weak explanation at best because it does not define the exact cause of how the energy was dissipated. When I did the experiment I found something quite amazing. We started with two +/- potentials at a difference of 10v with one zero plane dividing them however we ended with four +/- potentials and two zero planes over twice the surface area. So when we divided the energy into two distinct elements having twice the surface area the energy density must be 1/2 because the energy is dependent on the amount of electrical pressure per unit of area is it not?.

It's a chicken and egg dilemma, did the energy dissipate because it was flowing into the second capacitor or did the energy dissipate because it was flowing into the second capacitor which doubled the surface area decreasing the energy density by 1/2?. If the surface area did not increase the energy could not flow into the second capacitor but when it did it lowered the energy density so which mechanism caused the dissipation of energy?... exactly.

Contrary to popular belief the two higher potentials in the first capacitor sensing a path to a lower potential or greater surface area is the first cause not a current flow. As well the doubling of the surface area lowering the energy density by 1/2 is how the supposedly missing energy dissipated not the current flow. The current flow is an effect of the cause not the impetus which drives it.

Now the kicker, I have justified how a doubling of the surface area must reduce the energy density by 1/2 in the the two capacitor paradox which constitutes the cause of the dissipation of energy so if the conductor connecting the two capacitors dissipated energy as well ... then where did it come from exactly?.

You see we have to look at the bigger picture with respect to these problems because it is seldom cut and dry. The solution is actually quite easy so I thought I would throw this out as a brain teaser.

Regards

v8karlo

If that is true, just raise voltage in cap from 10V to 20V and you will gain extra energy just like that.
If it works in one way, it should work in opposite.

Or maybe something is wrong?

onepower

Something to think about...
In the Wikipedia link, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_capacitor_paradox, all there solutions relate specifically to losses in the conductor and they have completely ignored the source/sink. In which case I suspect they don't actually understand the concept of Energy. What energy is, When it is, Where it is, Why it is and How it is.

There lies the real problem and a majority of people do not understand Energy.

Regards

v8karlo

Doubling or halfing voltage is done in linear fashion.

Power is calculated in exponential manner.

When our mind tries to connect dots from linear to exponential,
paradox occur, because it is unlogical for us.

Does that means that energy is 4 times smaller with halfing voltage ?
(not power but energy in cap)

So, you see,
everything is correct and
nothing is correct.

Glich in system.

forest

is that related somehow to charge density ?