Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Toroidal Motor

Started by gravityblock, February 17, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pageygeeza

Ooops, think I should have made it a tad clearer.  They aren't bars on the outside, but it's the hole on which the toroid is placed because there isn't an easy way of placing it so the magnets move over the surface.  I suppose you could sandwich the final wound toroid inside two sheets of thin perspex, drill a hole dead centre for the shaft and the two magnet plates could sit so the magnets just skim the surface of the perspex.  I'm also running on the fact the discs have button magnets mounted on them, the spacing could be alternated between the two discs.  So the top disc could have say a space between the magnets twice the size of the magnets themselves and on the underside the other magnets would be spaced similarly but in between the spaces of the top ones, if that makes sense. :D

Also you could test out different shaped toroids to see if it could improve flow, one suggestion would be to use a toroid with a wide top and bottom surface.  Toroids can be a bugger to wind at best, but i'm sure you could find someone to do it for you.  Plus you could use wood as toroid to test out the principal.

As for the principal:  Move a magnet over a wire and it makes current flow in one direction, change the pole and it flows in the opposite direction.  Now considering the wind flows in the same direction around the coil, basically the top wind would go in one direction and the bottom would go in the opposite direction, so.  As the magnets poles are different on each side, it makes a continual flow.

Very simple, I know this as i've already tested the principal out and it works pretty well.

I'm in the same boat as you dude, but i've been using common hardware items to make my project.  If you improvise, you can make your project as cheap as possible.  The max i've paid out so far is for the 20 neo magnets, which came to about £20.  For total parts used, I think i've spent about £50.

broli

So you're describing a generator? And I still don't understand your design fully. Do you have any pictures or video of the concept you built?

Pageygeeza

I've had to scrap my old rotor because it was unbalanced.  I need to get a new one crafted tomorrow to allow for 20 magnets.  Once I have that up and running I'll upload a vid as a few people are quite interested in it now. :)