Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Giant Storage Battries

Started by Thaelin, May 18, 2022, 05:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman

You know, what intrigues me about this idea is the size of it. Lately I've been thinking about how a person could make batteries from junk yard or scrap yard materials including anodizing some steel. Drums might be hard to get but plastic 5 gallon pails are around.

A bucket, stripped wiring from junk cars and some steel and charcoal might make a pretty good battery.
Just ordered some alum the other day to convert some other batteries so this is a good time to experiment.

sm0ky2

Carbon / copper does provide a potential (if its the right form of carbon)
Graphite (and even better graphene) will do this, as per the series.

The problem is the current is generally minuscule.
It is a factor of surface area, so making it large does have a bit of sense to it.

Stephan is correct in that the set-up in the video will cap out around 0.7-1.69V
(enough to power a superbright LED spotlight)
and if there is enough current - power it brightly.

The 5-gallon bucket idea seems more economical than buying hundreds of 50-gal barrels.
Even if you didn't go all the way, a series of buckets could step the V up enough to drive a motor
or greater if you had enough of them.

The addition of an electrolyte could increase productivity, although i would initially test using
Deionized Water

However, with the use of an electrolyte keep in mind
the potential of carbon is 0
the potential of copper is -0.34
So the lower the ionization potential of the electrolyte the better

Tubing is better than a wire because of the surface area

There is not a lot of info seen in the video
That appears to be standard graphite filter rod
(Used in aquariums and industrial filters)
If you get a used one there may be unknown contaminants.

Simple testing could tell us if this warrants any further investigation.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

Cadman

Thanks Smoky2,

That video is bogus, no doubt, but it got me thinking. A big battery with a filler to hold the electrolyte is what I had in mind. Anodized steel (anodized with KOH) and brass with KOH electrolyte made a good rechargeable battery

If the ordinary charcoal is not a good idea for a filler, what would be? Common soil? Sand?
Something you could find anywhere for free would be best.