Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

General coil winding question

Started by captainpecan, May 20, 2022, 10:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captainpecan

Let me rephrase it. My original question of if it would divide by 4 instead of just two was answered but then a new one come up from the response.

If we could double the copper, by doubling the turns, without changing the resistance, would we still double the output flux? Then using a parallel wind, we can do just that. Half the coil with 2 strands to cut the resistance in half. Then double all the copper and turns to bring it back to the original resistance except now its double the copper and double the turns, with the same power. I'm not saying it works that way, I am just asking because it seems it would.

Cadman

Quote from: captainpecan on May 20, 2022, 04:42:37 PM
Thank you for the response. Exactly what I thought, except maybe your citation at the end. I was under the impression that if a coil had 200 turns at 12v 100ma it would have half the flux as one with 400 turns at 12v 100ma, even though it is exactly same power draw. Am I incorrect? I thought with the equation, if all variables stay the same except for N, the number of turns, wouldn't just increasing the turns increase the flux? Not arguing by any means, just trying to understand. Like if you ran the same current into 1 turn there should be a way less strong field than 500 turns for the same power. But maybe I am wrong? It sounds like you are saying as long as the voltage amd current is the same, the turns can increase or decrease but the flux will not change?

Bi told it like it is.
The amount of flux is directly proportional to the amps per turn of wire.
All else being equal, 200 turns @ 100ma is half the flux of 400 turns @ 100ma.
It's the amp turns that matter.

captainpecan

Quote from: Cadman on May 21, 2022, 02:22:29 PM
Bi told it like it is.
The amount of flux is directly proportional to the amps per turn of wire.
All else being equal, 200 turns @ 100ma is half the flux of 400 turns @ 100ma.
It's the amp turns that matter.
Thats what I thought. Doubling the copper and the turns for the same current, does double the flux. So I do understand it correctly. Thank you very much for clearing it up.

bistander

Quote from: captainpecan on May 21, 2022, 05:01:12 PM
Thats what I thought. Doubling the copper and the turns for the same current, does double the flux. So I do understand it correctly. Thank you very much for clearing it up.

Actually it doubles the mmf, not necessarily the flux. That depends on the material BvsH characteristic and the shape of the core.
bi