Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

General coil winding question

Started by captainpecan, May 20, 2022, 10:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bistander

Quote from: captainpecan on May 20, 2022, 04:42:37 PM
Thank you for the response. Exactly what I thought, except maybe your citation at the end. I was under the impression that if a coil had 200 turns at 12v 100ma it would have half the flux as one with 400 turns at 12v 100ma, even though it is exactly same power draw. Am I incorrect? I thought with the equation, if all variables stay the same except for N, the number of turns, wouldn't just increasing the turns increase the flux? Not arguing by any means, just trying to understand. Like if you ran the same current into 1 turn there should be a way less strong field than 500 turns for the same power. But maybe I am wrong? It sounds like you are saying as long as the voltage amd current is the same, the turns can increase or decrease but the flux will not change?

What I said is correct.

Your example:
400 turn coil vs 200 turn coil, same wire size has twice resistance, needs twice voltage for 100mA.
bi

skywatcher

If you use 2 strands of wire (parallel wire) you will get the same result as if you would use only 1 wire with twice the cross section. Maybe there will be some subtle differences if you work with high frequency. But not for DC or low frequency.

captainpecan

Quote from: bistander on May 20, 2022, 05:10:35 PM
What I said is correct.

Your example:
400 turn coil vs 200 turn coil, same wire size has twice resistance, needs twice voltage for 100mA.
bi
Oh, I think I see. I think we are saying the same thing. I am just looking at it different. What you are saying i understand and it's exactly what I was expecting. I was just saying that when you split the coil into 2 strands, you half the resistance. Now I was saying to double the windings so you get back to the original resistance value again except now you have twice the turns amd 2 strands of wire. It should double the original coils flux for the same power the original coil used because now you have double the turns. At least that was my theory.

skywatcher

Quote from: captainpecan on May 20, 2022, 05:37:00 PM
Oh, I think I see. I think we are saying the same thing. I am just looking at it different. What you are saying i understand and it's exactly what I was expecting. I was just saying that when you split the coil into 2 strands, you half the resistance. Now I was saying to double the windings so you get back to the original resistance value again except now you have twice the turns amd 2 strands of wire. It should double the original coils flux for the same power the original coil used because now you have double the turns. At least that was my theory.
...and we are back to 'same amount of copper'   ???
To make it extreme: you could also use a solid block of copper, wrap it around, and use it as a coil with 0.00001 ohm resistance and 1000 A of current at 0.01 V (or whatever)  ;D

captainpecan

No, not what i am asking at all. I never said same amount of copper. Doubling it is the entire point here. What I am saying is double the copper after we half the resistance. Go from a single strand of 400 turns 120 ohms. To 2 200 turn at 60 ohms..  then double the copper for 2 400 turn coils with 2 strands ending up with 800 turns now, (double the copper), but back to the original 120 ohms. So same power, double the copper. Thats what I am referring to. Double the copper, and double the turns, after we halved the resistance in parallel. That brings resistance back up to original value with original power. Only change at the end is same power, double copper. Does it double the flux from the original, or is it just a wash and it's actually the same no matter how much extra copper we add if we balance the resistance and power.