Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Serious HES derivative project proposal

Started by Cadman, February 11, 2023, 04:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman

Like many here, I have been studying the HES patents and following Solarlab's Lingen development from the beginning and I find the info he has presented quite convincing. As such I feel like I have at least a basic grasp of the requirements, enough to try a build anyway.

The stumbling block has been the cost risk for even a small proof of concept and my lack of skills with electronic circuits.

However, for awhile now I have had a 36 pole Samsung washing machine motor that I was going to experiment with. Last night it occurred to me that if the Lingen/HES method could be applied to it, it could be the solution to get past that stumbling block. The cost risk would be minimal and if successful it would be a budget way to have a stand alone generator that most here could afford to build.

The Samsung motor is a pretty good 3 phase generator right out of the box. 120V 3PH output is no problem. The stator phases are wired in Wye, 12 poles per phase. There are 12 magnets in the rotor, each with 4 poles oriented NSNS. Every stator coil is induced alternately NS as the rotor turns.

Here's what makes me think this build is feasible.
1: Each rotor magnet pole is surprisingly weak. It wouldn't take much in the way of wire and core material to equal the strength of a pole.
2: A 36 pole rotor, if divided into 4 sections, will fit diagonally across a 200mm x 200mm (8" x 8") printer build plate.
3: Rotor laminates can be printed with a thin 3 sided shell filled with polymer bonded iron powder. This will likely eliminate the need for expensive electrical steel and cutting. Depending on thickness, laminates stacked maybe 9 or 10 deep.

Taking inventory, I already have:
The Samsung 36 pole 3 phase stator wound with aluminum wire with a motor rating of 0.6HP, 310V, 2.5A.
Pure iron powder.
Know-how to turn the iron powder into laminates.
A good 3D printer and supplies.
An Eaton 24volt DC PLC with twelve DC inputs and four 24V DC 0.5A triac outputs.
The programming software and the knowledge to use it.
Decades of experience designing, programming and building industrial machine controls with these PLCs.

What I do not have is competent electronic circuit knowledge or real world experience building generators.

IF, after further discussion the project still seems feasible, if a couple of people who I feel are competent with electronic circuit design and or 3 phase / 1 phase generator knowledge will commit to join with me as active advisers I am willing to foot all of the cost and do the construction work to create a 100% transparent open source Samsung motor based generator project.

Do I have any volunteers?  Send me a PM, or post here.

floodrod

I have a box of about 4 of those washing machine PM motors from my days building windmills. Both Samsung and Fisher and Paykel. All 36 Pole models.  Some of the older ones have 48 poles, but I don't have any of them. only 36 poles.

I will be watching and deciding if I will silently build along. Please post details as you build as I may want to mirror the efforts.

ramset

Great idea
Just so it gets more eyes ..?
Perhaps just post a link back to here in Holcomb topics
at both forums where Solarlab has shared?

Very nice indeed !
Will also reach out to possible assets needed!
Respectfully
Chet
Ps
Jimboot ( moderator) could possibly post a link to this replication discussion  thread in first post of Holcomb topic here ?
PPs
IMO
A dedicated moderated build topic here would help expedite progress once decision is made to move forward!

Whats for yah ne're go bye yah
Thanks Grandma

floodrod

Here is a good resource with info on these 36 pole stators and some modifications.  Staggering multiple stators, rewiring, 7 phase  config,  decogging, etc..

Lots of kool electronic stuff too. Even a plan to build a gauss meter..

https://www.thebackshed.com/windmill/Contents.asp#3

(the page is about the F&P Smartdrive- but the Samsung should be pretty much the same.)

bistander

Interesting. It'd be helpful to know SL's progress. But I'm not allowed to ask him. Regarding these posts here, I'll throw out a few comments.

Cogging is irrelevant since there are no PMs and no physical motion.

Powdered iron would be a mistake, IMO. Holcomb's claimed "energy source" is electrical steel. Powdered iron is significantly different in metallurgy and physical structure like grain size vs domain size compared to cold rolled sheet steel.

You could consider using the wound stator as is, sequencing the coils to give a RMF, but only use a sector of rotor (stationary in this case), say around 45°, 60° or 90° to save cost and effort reducing time to test.
bi