Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Is it possible to combine a voltage source with a current source ?

Started by fxeconomist, February 18, 2023, 02:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

floodrod

Quote from: fxeconomist on February 19, 2023, 06:55:41 PM
I don't understand how it applies, because we have two sides, with two different voltages. How much was the voltage past the resistor, how many ohms was the resistor and how much did the source on right gave, given the battery was 12 V ? Say in the example with 16 V on the right.

Battery was charged to 5.8V.  When Supply was at 5.8V, amperage split evenly.  I raise supply slowly, and supply starts supplying more amps and battery less and less.  At 6.1 volts, battery stopped supplying amperage and PS took over completely.  Voltage through resistor was changing, I did not calculate every increment.. Without diodes, it changes.  Now sources can absorb amperage.

Edit-  OK I measured voltage in the resistor.  The resistor voltage never exceeds the power supply voltage. Always under from VD of the diode.

fxeconomist

Quote from: floodrod on February 19, 2023, 08:15:19 PM

I figured it out. It should in principle work. Homopolar generator with pancake spiral coil instead of the disk. One brush on the side of the coil and one on the shaft - shaft will have to be insulated from motor. Then we pulse DC voltage thru, and collect the back EMF. The back EMF should have INDUCED VOLTAGE AND AMPS at the same time, as amp induction works differently than Faraday's induction. There may just a marginal interaction between the two. Gotta try this, and how the hell am I gonna build it ?

Rafael Ti

Quote from: fxeconomist on February 18, 2023, 02:57:05 PM
but how do we combine a source of voltage with one of current?
Interesting..
You can combine them in the way you want, however you will need to use Kirchhoff current laws beside the Ohm law to calculate V and I in particular points and branches of the circuit.
Also there is no ideal current or voltage source - in real world they are all non linear for a variable load and voltage; the current source starts showing nonlinearity from some level of voltage btw it's legs, similarly the voltage source starts the same from some value of emitting current - therefore all voltage supplies become current sources starting gently from certain level of output amperage and lowering their output voltage at the same time. In most cases this is intentional design to prevent supply from blowing up with heavy loads.
All voltage sources and batteries have their output resistance/impedance which may cause current imblance. In the case shown on the sketch by floodrod /with the battery, voltage supply and resistor/ you can use two current sources /or current mirror/ instead of diodes to balance these both currents or even set up the constant proportion btw them. The current source has it's minimal voltage drop below which it won't work, say 2 Volts, a bit more than a diode... Depends what do you want to obtain.

synchro1

It is very important to understand fully that Ohms law only applies to current in a "Single Conductor" between two points.