Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

caduceus coil building and testing

Started by ragged, February 02, 2023, 03:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bistander

Quote from: ragged on February 26, 2023, 03:50:08 PM
I don't know where to post this?
My compass has reversed polarity.
How can this be possible?

Hi ragged,

The Earth's poles have finally flipped.

Just kidding.

Your compass needle, or pointer, has been remagnetized in the opposite direction. The pointer is a ferromagnetic material (iron, steel, magnetite) which has retentivity, or property of residual magnetism, meaning once subjected to a magnetic field its domains will align with that direction of external field and to some degree remain in that aligned position even after the external field is removed, thus becoming a permanent magnet in itself. Well, permanent until demagnetized. Demagnetization can occur due to several conditions in including opposite external field of sufficient strength, alternating external field, age, mechanical shock, Curie temperature, etc. Once demagnetized, it can be easily magnetized in the opposite direction. I'll attach a typical hysteresis curve from this article: https://experimentationlab.berkeley.edu/hysteresis

The most likely scenario is that your compass was forced quickly into an external field, like near a strong magnet or wire/coil with high DC, having the pointer in the opposite position and that external field reorienting the magnetic domains before the inertia of the pointer (and dampening friction) allowed the pointer to swing 180°. I've seen in happen often. You can correct the pointer magnetic direction with this method also.

Hope that helps.
bi